PDA

View Full Version : in toronto for a few days... Mark? Bruno? You guys out there?

TC535i
12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
gonna be in toronto for a few days... just wondering if any of you guys wanna hang out. Drop an e-mail at my g-mail account, that's what I'll be checking: tcollins@gmail.com

Hope to see you guys there!

bimmerd00d
12-13-2004, 07:17 PM
this has bad news written all over it. Tim, Canada, Beer. no good can come from that.

94is
12-13-2004, 07:24 PM
this has bad news written all over it. Tim, Canada, Beer. no good can come from that.

The only difference is that he will be going to a beer store to get his liquor. He'll still drink just as much. :p
Edit: Who in the crap changed my user title?! I blame Canada for this! :D

632 Regal
12-13-2004, 08:45 PM
The only difference is that he will be going to a beer store to get his liquor. He'll still drink just as much. :p
Edit: Who in the crap changed my user title?! I blame Canada for this! :D

ryan roopnarine
12-13-2004, 09:01 PM
alls i hear from these damn amerricuns is that there is dat "funny smellin tobacca" for sale on every street corner north of the 49th. i've been there twice in the last year, and have yet to be propositioned ONCE!!! any canadians care to enlighten me on what the status of the stuff is? i'd aim the e34 in the direction of mark and mr. tim if i was there now (a visit there doesn't look like its gonna happen again this year).

winfred
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
"theres a mouse in our beer eh"

DueyT
12-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Ryan, the MJ decriminalization issue is still making the rounds up here.

It's kind of funny, my cousin in L.A. tell me (half jokingly), "yeah, you Canadian's want to make pot fully legal...you wouldn't see that happening here!"

I say funny because my cousing lives in one of the 11 U.S. states that actualy has decriminalized marijuana...since 1976 in California, in fact.

Most folks incorrectly believe it would be totally legal here, like in the hemp shops of Amsterdam or something. It would only be decriminalized for small amounts...much like the 11 US states that currently consider possession of "small personal amounts" to be a minor misdemeanor, not a felony...same deal proposed up here...no jail time since not a criminal act (equiv. of felony in US), just a fine. Possession with intent to traffic, etc... would still be a criminal act.

An interesting paper on some of the stats associated with decriminalization of small amounts of marijuana: http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~haans/misc/mjdcrim.html

For those of you South of the 49th...here's a list of potential pothead prisonery for people pocketing, planting or purveying personal, private or public packs of pot: http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/1/parlbus/commbus/senate/com-e/ille-e/library-e/dolin2-e.htm#Appendix%202

p.s. just so everyone is clear, it isn't decriminalized up here yet...so you'll have to leave your bong at the border! :D

Cheers,
Duey

MarkD
12-14-2004, 06:44 AM
gonna be in toronto for a few days... just wondering if any of you guys wanna hang out. Drop an e-mail at my g-mail account, that's what I'll be checking: tcollins@gmail.com

Hope to see you guys there!

I will try to have some time available and I'll call Bruno to see if he can make it. (and I'll send you an email to the gmail account)

Mark

MarkD
12-14-2004, 07:07 AM

We have the beer stores (selling beer only) run by the Brewer's Retail, and liquor stores which sell beer, wine and liquor run by the Liquor Control Board.
But no beer store sells liquor.

MarkD

JonE
12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
When schooling in Iowa all the liquor stores were municipal, cinder block buildings with shelves of liquor, no beer and no advertisements, but you could get Everclear. Beer was available at the grocery store but only 3.2 percent. We would run for the Minnesota border for our keggers of strong beer.

94is
12-15-2004, 04:15 AM
We have the beer stores (selling beer only) run by the Brewer's Retail, and liquor stores which sell beer, wine and liquor run by the Liquor Control Board.
But no beer store sells liquor.

MarkD
So do you really ask for the beer, someone rolls it on out, and you pay and go? If so, that is so cool. :D

MarkD
12-15-2004, 07:19 AM
So do you really ask for the beer, someone rolls it on out, and you pay and go? If so, that is so cool. :D

Yes, you go to the cashier and order/pay, and it comes out on a conveyor from the storeroom in the back.

But I usually buy beer at the LCBO (Liquour Control Board of Ontario) since I drink either microbrewery or imported beer, which is not available at the regular beer place. They just have the generic stuff.

94is
12-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Yes, you go to the cashier and order/pay, and it comes out on a conveyor from the storeroom in the back.

But I usually buy beer at the LCBO (Liquour Control Board of Ontario) since I drink either microbrewery or imported beer, which is not available at the regular beer place. They just have the generic stuff.
Wow, its like magic. ;)
Where do people go if they want hard liquor?

MarkD
12-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Wow, its like magic. ;)
Where do people go if they want hard liquor?

The LCBO has that, as they have beer, wine, coolers, liquor.