PDA

View Full Version : It's Been Awhile... I've been inspired by this Site!

Triton540i
12-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey Everyone,
I'm going to try not to sound too emotional about this posting, I would like to share with you all on how much my BMW and this site has inspired me!

I purchased my 95' 540i from a Volvo lot a few years ago. I always admired BMWs since I was young, but always thought of them as being out of my reach. After visiting this Volvo car lot with my friends that one night, there it was... the 5er that I've wanted since highschool but didn't know much about. My friend said, that's the bad boy V8, awe man you gotta check this thing out and take it for a test drive. The next day I did, soon afterwards I made my first BMW purchase! I didn't know about the possible problems with the V8 until I met somebody off this site, one that is a driving instructor of the BMWCCA. I was elated to find out that my engine was replaced by a dealership down south and my car's engine had even fewer miles than I thought.

I've never really had a nice car before and even though this car is a few years old, I almost always get this feeling inside everytime I look at it, I'm so lucky! Well, I love my car so much that I decided to post an announcement to this very site information about starting another group called "The Minneapolis BMW Owners Group." Some of you that have been here for the longest time have seen my postings, Bruno you of all people are probably most familiar with that one.

Well, my group has about 33 people involved and we're slowly growing. We gather every first Tuesday of the month and I've even started a website called TechnoBMW.com that has a forum kinda like the old format we used to have here. I'm not trying to take anything away from this site because it's definately THE BEST 5er board around, NO COMPETITION! You guys have taught me so much about my car with you're concerns, frustrations and support for each other. I was so scared about purchasing my car from the start because of how expensive these cars are to have repaired. This page has given me so much confidence in my car and how to repair it, I just can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate ALL OF YOU! I started my group in the belief that I could share what I've learned through this site, I wanted people to enjoy their cars as much as I do. We've had Tech Sessions, BBQs and even have been invited to German Car Shows and other manufacturer's supported events like the Mercedes-Benz C-spot drive.

My philiosophy is that all German cars are great and I don't mind doing things with other car groups, power comes in numbers and don't ever forget that! Well, even though my website isn't much, it's still growing, hopefully as I learn the software it will become much better than what it is in the present. I do like the fact that I have a link to an online ETK for people to reference just in case their at a coffee shop or at work and have something about their car on their mind. All in all I just want to thank this forum, this website, all the people who have helped me out over the years and let's not forget Patrick and Yyves (sorry if I screwed up the spelling of you're name!) at BMAAutoparts.com for all the great support and great prices on all my adventures in autorepair. All of you are an inspiration and have made a bunch of people feel even better about such a great car, BMW is more than a car, it's a lifestyle! If there are a bunch of typos it's because I've just finished up my finals at school under a bunch of stress and very little sleep... speaking of which a nap sounds like a great idea, I'll make a greater effort to visit more often!
-Eric (Founder of the Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group)
TechnoBMW.com (http://technobmw.com) :)

Paul in NZ
12-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I almost always get this feeling inside everytime I look at it, I'm so lucky!
Me too!Sounds like youre doing good work there "triton"

Dick Schneiders
12-13-2004, 02:25 PM
new car club here in my hometown of Salina, KS this month. Salina is a bit smaller than Minneapolis, at around 40,000, so our club is a German car club, and not just restricted to bimmers. The organization meeting a couple of weeks ago had about 40 people, and we hope for more. Since we are including all German cars, there was a very interesting mix of people. Old VW's seem to be popular with the young crowd, and there were several duded up VW's present.

Anyway, it was nice to hear about you and your club.

Thanks,

Dick Schneiders

Hey Everyone,
I'm going to try not to sound too emotional about this posting, I would like to share with you all on how much my BMW and this site has inspired me!

I purchased my 95' 540i from a Volvo lot a few years ago. I always admired BMWs since I was young, but always thought of them as being out of my reach. After visiting this Volvo car lot with my friends that one night, there it was... the 5er that I've wanted since highschool but didn't know much about. My friend said, that's the bad boy V8, awe man you gotta check this thing out and take it for a test drive. The next day I did, soon afterwards I made my first BMW purchase! I didn't know about the possible problems with the V8 until I met somebody off this site, one that is a driving instructor of the BMWCCA. I was elated to find out that my engine was replaced by a dealership down south and my car's engine had even fewer miles than I thought.

I've never really had a nice car before and even though this car is a few years old, I almost always get this feeling inside everytime I look at it, I'm so lucky! Well, I love my car so much that I decided to post an announcement to this very site information about starting another group called "The Minneapolis BMW Owners Group." Some of you that have been here for the longest time have seen my postings, Bruno you of all people are probably most familiar with that one.

Well, my group has about 33 people involved and we're slowly growing. We gather every first Tuesday of the month and I've even started a website called TechnoBMW.com that has a forum kinda like the old format we used to have here. I'm not trying to take anything away from this site because it's definately THE BEST 5er board around, NO COMPETITION! You guys have taught me so much about my car with you're concerns, frustrations and support for each other. I was so scared about purchasing my car from the start because of how expensive these cars are to have repaired. This page has given me so much confidence in my car and how to repair it, I just can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate ALL OF YOU! I started my group in the belief that I could share what I've learned through this site, I wanted people to enjoy their cars as much as I do. We've had Tech Sessions, BBQs and even have been invited to German Car Shows and other manufacturer's supported events like the Mercedes-Benz C-spot drive.

My philiosophy is that all German cars are great and I don't mind doing things with other car groups, power comes in numbers and don't ever forget that! Well, even though my website isn't much, it's still growing, hopefully as I learn the software it will become much better than what it is in the present. I do like the fact that I have a link to an online ETK for people to reference just in case their at a coffee shop or at work and have something about their car on their mind. All in all I just want to thank this forum, this website, all the people who have helped me out over the years and let's not forget Patrick and Yyves (sorry if I screwed up the spelling of you're name!) at BMAAutoparts.com for all the great support and great prices on all my adventures in autorepair. All of you are an inspiration and have made a bunch of people feel even better about such a great car, BMW is more than a car, it's a lifestyle! If there are a bunch of typos it's because I've just finished up my finals at school under a bunch of stress and very little sleep... speaking of which a nap sounds like a great idea, I'll make a greater effort to visit more often!
-Eric (Founder of the Minneapolis BMW Owner's Group)
TechnoBMW.com (http://technobmw.com) :)

bimmerd00d
12-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Even when it breaks, i still love it :D

scott540
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Man, I leave Minneapolis and all kinds of cool things start going on. Nice Job Eric, I'd be all over that if I still lived there.

Brian C.
12-13-2004, 10:04 PM
.....great time, doing something that you love, with a bunch of good friends that share that passion. Not much more to ask for in a hobby, huh! Ok.....maybe hot chicks would help, but I bet once they get a look at all that great bimmer metal, they can't resist, am I right??? :p :p

I had to get rid of my 525i earlier this year, but if I ever see a reasonable 540/6 on a lot.....I promise you I'm not going to pass it up!

Have fun!

Brian C.