PDA

View Full Version : getting the blizzaks remounted tomorrow......

tim s
12-12-2004, 07:42 PM
the dunlops are gone after only 11,000miles. i won't buy those again. it is pretty sad i am looking forward to mounting the blizzaks. i have been having problems with the dunlops & small vibrations. i am looking at purchasing michilins or conti's in the spring, but i would like to get 17" rims before then.
anybody on here have Mille Miglia MM11-2 Sport rims. i seen them on tirerack.
my nephew has a set of 50% tread 235/45/17 michilin pilot sports that his said i could have for nothing.
it realy sucks i could not use the m3 rims he has. pa. d.o.t. prohibits use of a spacer larger than 1/4".
thanks
tim s.

Derek A.
12-12-2004, 08:20 PM
I have gotten feedback on Blizzaks that they are really squirrley on dry pavement. Any snow tire is going to wear faster than a regualr tire as it has a much softer compound. I have german Goodyear GW snows, mounted on steels with the deluxe 520i plastic hubcaps.. I enjoy racing jeeps off stop lights in the snow :)

http://www.opus45.com/pics/PC230002.JPG

tim s
12-12-2004, 08:51 PM
they are very soft & i would not drive faster than 75-80 with them, but they are totally awsome in the ice & snow. they saved me once. i hit a patch of ice on pa interstate 80 @ 65mph. i could feel the car slide, but i was able to control it. i would have spun out with a standard tire. they only need to save you once to be worth the $418.00. i just keep in mind it's winter time, not a good time of year to drive enthusiastically.
thanks
tim s.

632 Regal
12-12-2004, 08:58 PM
my Conti Extreams half worn absolutly SUCK in snow. Maybe if they were brand new they would be OK but in 1 inch of snow in a complete stop a popsicle stick will prevent any forward movements. I'll never do the all weather tire trick again and I'm tapped out on buying a whole new set of tires and rims...I'm bummed cause my driveway is uphill and so is the apron from mudville road to paved. I definetly have to do something though as I cant depend on this crap getting me through this winter.

grrrrrrr.

632 Regal
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
anyone have a couple extra Basketweaves?

Kalevera
12-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Jeff - I'll have a few by the end of the week off of my 535iA when I put on my MM-2's with Blizzaks. They're due for some refurbing - loss of paint, quite dirty, weak caps (one gone altogether) - but they should be entirely usable and I'll let them go for CHEAP!

Let me know if you want them. Whit LOWELL