PDA

View Full Version : More surging questions (sorry)...

pismojeff
12-12-2004, 06:23 PM
So I took the car out today (93 525it US) and I have been having surging problems once the car gets warm. So the check engine light just came on when I was driving and then I notice that the surging is now gone. Does this point to a faulty O2 sensor? I am kind of new at this as I have only had the car for about a month. Also, I noticed the surging started immediately after I took it to my mechanic one day to test it out for smog questions. Any ideas? Thanks,

Also do I need a special tool to read the fault codes when the check engine light comes on? Anyone near Pismo Beach Ca have one?

Jeff

632 Regal
12-12-2004, 07:19 PM
and get the fault codes. There is a good write up on Brunos site and you could also do a search here. Your mechanic did something and now your system went and is running in default mode till you figure what the problem is.

pismojeff
12-13-2004, 12:40 AM
well the check engine light just came on now and it has been a couple weeks since it has been at his shop. Do you still think that it is something that he did? I will check out the stomp test thing. I have heard a lot about it but not really researched it yet. Thanks for the info.

Jeff

shogun
12-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Helps you a lot to check engine codes much easier. Besides you can reset oil and inspection intervals and also reset fault codes.

check this info (http://www.peakeresearch.com/)