PDA

View Full Version : Here's My New Al Floor Jack

Hector
12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
You were right Bill, got it for $99 down from $149 at Kragen. I like everything about it: quick lift, lightweight, high rise... Tiger I'll come back next week and let you know how slow is the lowering.

Tiger
12-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Next week?! Why?

Hector
12-10-2004, 12:33 PM
this afternoon and won't be back later today to post. But I think I will be in tomorrow morning for a short while so I'll try to post something then. Hope everything goes smoothly... still haven't gotten the jack out of the box to inspect it.

Bill R.
12-10-2004, 12:38 PM
not a tremendous amount of effort required.. the first al one i bought at costco had a single plunger quick rise and you really had to put your weight on it to raise the car and this is with a really long handle to increase leverage..Your new one should be much better.... In fact i think i'll go buy one today before they are gone ,Its till Christmas only sale on them.

this afternoon and won't be back later today to post. But I think I will be in tomorrow morning for a short while so I'll try to post something then. Hope everything goes smoothly... still haven't gotten the jack out of the box to inspect it.

Tiger
12-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Ack! Can't buy them over here... Two pumps to raise car! According to the description

Hector
12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
and the handle is about 54" long when the 2 pieces are put together. I like it much because I will not have to be sort of under the car to pump the jack unlike my older floor jack I had to be somewhat under the car to pump on the short handle. I tried to get the GF to buy this thing for me but she wouldn't have any part of it. Must be a universal thing for women to buy stuff for their significant other that's going to invoke some kind of personal & emotion response... a floor jack doing such a thing, uhmm, looks like NOT.