PDA

View Full Version : Well...i'm kinda back! (Questions of course!)

TheGeak
12-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Sorry i've been kinda absent for a while. I moved and have been extremely busy with school, work, and a new 1hr + commute to both every day. Not too much work has been going on with the M5 (obviously) but i've found a bit of time to make some progress here and there.

I installed new rotors all around (something that was desperately needed) also i'm looking at replacing control arms, thrust arms, sway bar bushings, sway bar links, tie rods, and a few other odds and ends up there so i can get the girl back down onto all 4s. However, as usual, i have a few questions.

1) Jon made mention of rebuilding the calipers while i'm in the area. How difficult/expensive is it to do? Not sure of all the details involved with that.

2) i hate to bring it up but...... 750i vs M5 bushings for the upper control arms. I'm leaning towards 750 (V12 heavier, stiffer bushing) but i'd like to hear both sides again.

3) Back in the engine bay, i've did some digging to find the cause of the cars initial overheating problem. I SUSPECTED waterpump, but it seems i might have been wrong. Pulled the pump off the other night and it seems to be in fine shape. metal impellars and the look of a non-factory gasket suggest perhaps this water pump has been replaced. Suggestions on where I should turn next?

4) This is a WTB item. j I'm looking for some new interior stuff. the BIGGEST thing i'm looking for right now is a black carpet. Anyone have a parts car with a black carpet thats in EXCELLENT shape that they'd maybe like to part with?

Well, thats all for now. I'm going to try to be around here more often. Oh, and for the record, the Focus makes a great daily driving bitch wagon :)

Jason

bimmerd00d
12-09-2004, 03:38 PM
how about that crappy aux pump we all have under teh heater valves regarding the overheating problem? possibly bad heater core?