PDA

View Full Version : tell me what you think

riot
12-08-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm going to be seriously upgrading my e34 in the next few months.
Let me plot out my course for you all.

I've replaced the side markers and turn signals in the front. (within a week of having the car).
I've bought new wheels and tires. (BBS RX-II Style rims and BFGoodrich g-force t/a kdw tires)

Next I'm purchasing Bilstein HD's and Eibach Lowering springs, Bavarian Autosport Tri-Flo Performance Exhaust System and Remus Stainless Steel Header. After that I'm gonna put some cold air intake and an E.A.T. chip. From there on I'm clueless as to where I should go from there. Also before I spend the money on all of these things, are there any known issues with the things I have listed here ? Cheaper or better alternatives ? Let me know. I'm hoping to eventually achieve at least 300hp in my 95 525i automatic.... we'll see what happens.

bimmerd00d
12-08-2004, 02:27 PM
the intake will actually reduce horsepower, but it sounds and looks cool. Also, that transmission will not hold 300hp stock, better build it up or swap it!

riot
12-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Oh really ? What do I have to do to fix this ?

Robin-535im
12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Next I'm purchasing Bilstein HD's and Eibach Lowering springs, Bavarian Autosport Tri-Flo Performance Exhaust System and Remus Stainless Steel Header. After that I'm gonna put some cold air intake and an E.A.T. chip. From there on I'm clueless as to where I should go from there. Also before I spend the money on all of these things, are there any known issues with the things I have listed here ? Cheaper or better alternatives ? Let me know. I'm hoping to eventually achieve at least 300hp in my 95 525i automatic.... we'll see what happens.

You've already got a cold air intake - an aftermarket one might not buy you anything. Everything else sounds good to me, but I'd do the EAT chip before the exhaust. I'd get one of those dashboard dyno's like Micha was selling to see what the gains actually are.

To get to 300hp will be tough with a 525. Even a turbo'd 535 ala Craig/TCD Turbo "only" gets 282 (RWHP).

winfred
12-08-2004, 08:43 PM
i agree, forced induction is about the only way to get a 525 to 300 and still have it streetable, with enough money 300 could be done without a blower but the power band would be nasty and very traffic unfriendly plus it could not be run with the factory auto tranny. as for a 535 didn't pat p get over 400 outta a stock 200+k mile m30 long block

To get to 300hp will be tough with a 525. Even a turbo'd 535 ala Craig/TCD Turbo "only" gets 282 (RWHP).