PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum.. Question on 94 530i

KESPO
12-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I have a 1994 530i that I have had for 2 years. When I bought it, it only had 37k mi on it. It has just turned 63k mi.. It is in mint cond. and runs like a charm. Doesn't appear to be showing any Nikosil problems as yet, however it has over the last few months developed a terrible wandering problem when driving at highway speeds. You have to hang on to the wheel and constantly correct as the car wanders left and right. There doesn't appear to be any play in the steering. A friend has been trying to tell me that its just that the car has wide tires and is following the troughs in the road caused by the weight of heavy trucks.. I also have a 1988 E30 M3. Its tires are much wider than those on the 530 and it tracks straight and true on the same roads..

Anyone have suggestions on what may be causing this???

This car is black and has immaculate light grey interior. I've been told that the interior is rare for a 530i. That the light grey was usually only in the M5.. I have never seen another 530 with it.. Is this so ???

Ken...

bimmerd00d
12-08-2004, 02:32 PM
black on grey is indeed a rare combination, usually tan or black interiors! You might check all of your subframe bushings, and dog bones. head over to www.bmwe34.net if you haven't already found that site yet, and look under suspension for the information on them. That is awfully low mileage for that car! Do you have any pics of the car, i'd love to see that color combination.

KESPO
12-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Yes I have pic's but the file sizes are to big. Won't let me attach to posting..

I bought the car from a guy who's uncle owns a very large bimmer dealership in New Jersey. He gets 1st dibbs on all trade ins and resells them.. This car belonged to someone that had a summer home in the Hamptons.. The car stayed at that house and was the wifes summer "go shopping" car.. The mileage is real. Inside and out is like new. You could eat off the engine compartment.. Never saw snow until I bought it..

Elekta
12-08-2004, 04:06 PM
get a free account at www.photobucket.com and paste the links back here.

My wife's 535iA is Black on grey. I had no idea that was a rare combo.

Let's see the 530!

callen
12-08-2004, 04:42 PM
My 94 530i 5spd has light grey..interior.....

Tiger
12-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Check tire pressure... then rear wheel bushings needs to be checked... not the front.

KESPO
12-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Pics of my 530i and M3 now at this link..

http://photobucket.com/albums/v615/KESPO/

632 Regal
12-08-2004, 10:00 PM
the steering wheel nut under the dash, Mine was mighty loose and the 2 shafts had a LOT of play, made a big difference. Theres a write up on it at Brunos site too.