PDA

View Full Version : Resetting CheckControl Warning Messages?

Jim E
12-08-2004, 02:49 AM
I got the 'brake linings' message so I replaced the rear rotors, pads and wear sensor that had worn through. I thought the CCM would know that the wear sensor had been replaced, but the message remains. Do I have to do something to manually erase this message? The owners manual says that this message 'cannot be extinguished by the check control button'.

winfred
12-08-2004, 09:16 AM
95 and older bimmers reset when it's fixed, it's the later cars that need to be reset, you got a bad connection/sensor or the other end of the car needs brakes/sensor

Qsilver7
12-08-2004, 11:05 AM
And if you're still getting "check brake lining " in the display...maybe it is the front brake sensor. How are your front brakes? You didn't mention their condition in your post. ;)

Jim E
12-08-2004, 02:34 PM
I got the 'brake linings' message so I replaced the rear rotors, pads and wear sensor that had worn through. I thought the CCM would know that the wear sensor had been replaced, but the message remains. Do I have to do something to manually erase this message? The owners manual says that this message 'cannot be extinguished by the check control button'.

I replaced the front rotors, pads and sensor 10 months ago. That sensor had not worn thru, so I didn't get the message at that time. So I think that the front sensor is working. I guess I need to check my rear sensor. Maybe the connection is not good. Thanks for the help guys!

dgb0491
12-13-2004, 12:59 PM
HI, I have the same problem, you said 95 and older reset when fixed? does that mean my 90 525i should have reset itself? I replaced the front pads and sensor and the back sensor has been spliced together. the back pads are fine, just whoever did it, didn't think it was necessary to replace the sensor. I have noticed a couple times since I have replaced the front pads and sensor that the warning doesn't come on right away.... any ideas??? Thanks

winfred
12-13-2004, 01:21 PM
dirty connection usually

HI, I have the same problem, you said 95 and older reset when fixed? does that mean my 90 525i should have reset itself? I replaced the front pads and sensor and the back sensor has been spliced together. the back pads are fine, just whoever did it, didn't think it was necessary to replace the sensor. I have noticed a couple times since I have replaced the front pads and sensor that the warning doesn't come on right away.... any ideas??? Thanks

dgb0491
12-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks, I guess I will get under there and try checking the connection this weekend... Hopefully that is it

dirty connection usually