PDA

View Full Version : Inyection Problem

Omar
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
I own a 1991 E34 520i , from time to time my car starts to pop and resist to accelerate, it is like it holds for a few seconds (or longer periods sometimes) and then it accelerates normally again. It is really anoying, it happens by periods not all the time.

I have replaced the whole set of ignition coils, there is no problem with the idle valve nor with the injectors (I just had them cleaned) or gasoline, a technitian suggested me that the ignition control unit might be failing.

Please let me know if someone had the same problem and if you have any suggestion or way around to solve it.

Thanks

eric5150
12-07-2004, 04:31 PM
It might be a fuel pump starting to go as well - I have not had it fail like this on a BMW as yet, but I had an '88 Mustang GT that exhibited that problem and it was the fuel pump dying.

Something to check out, at any rate.

Eric

Omar
12-28-2004, 04:40 PM
It might be a fuel pump starting to go as well - I have not had it fail like this on a BMW as yet, but I had an '88 Mustang GT that exhibited that problem and it was the fuel pump dying.

Something to check out, at any rate.

Eric

moots
12-28-2004, 11:17 PM
try checking the crankshaft position sensor(located at the front,sensing the
crankshaft rotation)
1. check the wire physical condition near the sensor
2. check the resistance values(i forget)

doogie
12-30-2004, 03:25 AM
try checking the crankshaft position sensor(located at the front,sensing the
crankshaft rotation)
1. check the wire physical condition near the sensor
2. check the resistance values(i forget)

Anyone got a picture or decent explanation of where the CPS plugs into? I've followed the wire but am not sure if I've got to the end of it or whether I'm just confusing it with something else and not wanting to poke stuff too much incase I break other stuff :)