PDA

View Full Version : "Check Control Owners Manual"

chagm
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
I have a 1995 525i and get the message check control owners manual display after starting and after turning off ignition. Dealer put reader on and showed no faults. They thought it was the cc module. I purchased a used module and after install I get the same message. Has anyone faced this and received the same message? I have reset both service indicators.

Dave

gale
12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Mine used to do that a few winters ago, usually on a cold Monday morning after it sat all weekend. Turned out it was the battery. I replaced the battery even tho the old one passed the load test, and the problem went away. Check your battery voltage after letting it sit overnite. A good battery should hold 12.68V or higher overnite. If it's below 12.4V, then it's not getting fully charged or cannot hold a charge.

Many electrical gremlins are caused by under-volt situations. A battery might be strong enough to start the car but after it fires & the unloading relays kick back in, if the voltage is below a certain threshold, certain systems will squack.