PDA

View Full Version : Getting a bmw-pio/m cable out of the US.

Dan in NZ
12-06-2004, 01:35 AM
I need a bmw-pio/m to connect my cdx-m30 to my head unit. I've looked all over New Zealand, and can't find anywhere that can get the cables. It seems like the cable is only available in the USA! I've had a good look on the internet, and a few places do international orders, it's just going to cost me a fortune.

Does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how I can get one of these cables sent halfway around the world, without spending a lot of money???

Paul in NZ
12-06-2004, 02:13 AM
hey dan hold your horses!!!I have been away and work is silly and have also done some car club stuff.I will ring them tommorrow and suss out how many cars/what years they have and we will go from there!!!!If you know exactly what you want i have a coupla contacts......

Dan in NZ
12-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Thanks mate, it's the Alpine CM5901 or Pioneer k-something from 1991-1994 that I need... I've ordered the cd-data cable and radio harness from SD European, bit of a rip-off at $50, but at least I've got it, they wanted $175 +gst for the radio, which is way too expensive considering one went on trademe for $26. (I was on a plane back from Sydney when the auction closed so missed it, dammit!).

The bmw-pio/m interface cable converts the round factory bmw changer cable to suit the square socket on the cdx-m30 changer, so I still need to find this interface cable somewhere. I asked a few places around Queenstown if they could put together an interface, but all came up blank. Any help is most appreciated!!! The interface cables are manufactured by P.I.E, and AAMP if that's any help...