PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Heated Seat Problem? Any thoughts?

western99
12-05-2004, 09:00 PM
So I turn my heated seat on for the first time this cold season and I notice that my driver's seat only warms up on the back rest and not the bottom part of the seat (where my ass would be). Not sure why? The passenger side works fine. Any ideas why the bottom part of my seat is not working? I have not had a chance to take a look at this problem as of yet, but any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. I would really like to get the problem solved before it really gets cold here in Toronto. Getting into a freezing car with leather seats is not pleasant when it is -15C.

Brian

Kalevera
12-06-2004, 03:22 AM
Stick an ohmmeter to the lower element and see what you get ;)

Qsilver7
12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
So I turn my heated seat on for the first time this cold season and I notice that my driver's seat only warms up on the back rest and not the bottom part of the seat (where my ass would be). Not sure why? The passenger side works fine. Any ideas why the bottom part of my seat is not working? I have not had a chance to take a look at this problem as of yet, but any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. I would really like to get the problem solved before it really gets cold here in Toronto. Getting into a freezing car with leather seats is not pleasant when it is -15C.

Brian
Have you knelt in the seat of late...maybe you damaged the heating element in the lower half of the seat if you have? Maybe the wiring connector came loose...click this link to see the wiring diagram....http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HJ63&mospid=47414&prod=19951100&btnr=52_3148&hg=52&fg=65

Elekta
12-06-2004, 05:26 PM
My bet is a broken element too...like mine.

I found a heated seat for sale on ebay and contacted the seller to see if he has just an element and he sold me the bottom one for $30 (he tested it first for me)

I need to find the right upholstery shop to install it for me. That job's been waitin almost a year to get done....