PDA

View Full Version : E34 smoking heater

dave barker
12-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys,
Got a 525 fitted with a m20 engine, when i put the heater blower motor on, i get a puff of smoke come in through the floor ducts and a smell of burning oil. Occassionally i got a wiff of burning oil anyway, this i traced down to the rocker cover gasket slightly weeping and dropping onto the exhaust manifold. I have replaced the gasket and cleaned it all up but the problem still exists, anybody come across this and what it can be? With the hood up it does not look like there is any smoke coming up from the engine but when the heater is switched on, it comes into the car, the air intake vents are not oily looking, but this is the only way i can see of the smoke to enter. I am now at a loose end as to what or where or why it is happening. Any help would gratefully received.

Regards

Dave

632 Regal
12-05-2004, 12:36 PM
semi dried up on the exhaust and still burning off. It will probably take a while for it all to cook off as long as your leak is fixed.

dave barker
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks 632 regal, i'll try and get at it with a bit of wire wool to see if i can speed the cleaning process up