PDA

View Full Version : Strange radio problem

baileydog
12-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Just removed the stock radio to see if I could replace a bulb (volume dial, mode switch)...got the radio out and after trying to pull the plug with all the wires (which I was unable to get out, I was able to lift the plastic unit that holds the plug in but I could not get the plug out) I left the radio plugged in (it was beeping all along at this point) and started to remove the front plate. After pulling the plate off I saw that there was no easy way to change any bulbs, so I decided to put the plate back on and forget it. Now, when I pulled the front plate off, I also pulled out a computer band thet was plugged into a receptacle in behind the front plate....I'm pretty sure that I got this band plugged back in??. When I put the radio back in it did not ask for the code...but there was a problem with some of the functions not working (ie. seek, stations up and down, my preset lights were partially functioning, etc)

Has anyone got any experience with this? I checked the archives, and found nothing.....Thanks

infinity5
12-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I've taken the stock radio completey apart, down to itsy bitsy pieces, several times to fix poping and hissing and volume issues.

I'd remove it from the car (lift up on that plastic clip on the harness until, 1. it breaks, or 2. it comes off. If it breaks it reealllllllllllly doesnt matter, mine holds on tight as hell with no plastic clip at all. Just break it off, and then pull (real hard) and get the harness out of the back of the radio. Take the radio inside, take the faceplate off and double check everything is connected.. get some rubbing alcohol and wipe connections clean, etc. you might have not pushed the plug in all the way, or since the radio still had power when you pulled it out, it might have spooked the little chips temporarily. you can take the top off as well at get a good look inside, make sure the board with the bottons on it is firmly pressed down into the radio, same for the LCD screen. put it back together and pop it in. honeslty it probably just needs to be removed form the power for a second. try it :) good luck.

Just removed the stock radio to see if I could replace a bulb (volume dial, mode switch)...got the radio out and after trying to pull the plug with all the wires (which I was unable to get out, I was able to lift the plastic unit that holds the plug in but I could not get the plug out) I left the radio plugged in (it was beeping all along at this point) and started to remove the front plate. After pulling the plate off I saw that there was no easy way to change any bulbs, so I decided to put the plate back on and forget it. Now, when I pulled the front plate off, I also pulled out a computer band thet was plugged into a receptacle in behind the front plate....I'm pretty sure that I got this band plugged back in??. When I put the radio back in it did not ask for the code...but there was a problem with some of the functions not working (ie. seek, stations up and down, my preset lights were partially functioning, etc)

Has anyone got any experience with this? I checked the archives, and found nothing.....Thanks

baileydog
12-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Will do as you say....Thanks Bud

baileydog
12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Got it fixed......THX