PDA

View Full Version : replace/repair driver's seat because of wear

Russell
12-04-2004, 02:52 PM
My Parchment color leather driver's seat is starting to show wear on the edge of the bolster when you silde in. What is the best approach to fix? Should I replace teh cover or repair the seat?. If I repair, can it be repaired correctly (color match etc.) by a local shop? Perhaps I can order leather from the dealer. Perhaps there is a replacement cover you can buy. By the way, I have heated seats.

TIA

wengenstein
12-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Depending on how severe it is you could probably just get it repaired. I just had mine fixed a couple weeks ago. I went to a local shop that deals with all types of vehicles. I actually posted some before and after pictures (I was prolly a little overexcited :) )

The thread is here:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=7818

My Parchment color leather driver's seat is starting to show wear on the edge of the bolster when you silde in. What is the best approach to fix? Should I replace teh cover or repair the seat?. If I repair, can it be repaired correctly (color match etc.) by a local shop? Perhaps I can order leather from the dealer. Perhaps there is a replacement cover you can buy. By the way, I have heated seats.

Russell
12-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Looks really great- about $90 excellent price!