PDA

View Full Version : I guess i'll have to move to the e46 site now, that a

Bill R.
12-02-2004, 09:33 PM
3 was chosen instead of the rx300http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/323it.jpg

Warren N.CA
12-02-2004, 09:49 PM
3 was chosen instead of the rx300http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/323it.jpg

winfred
12-02-2004, 09:51 PM
that your/the wife's new ride? i don't get too many new 3s yet, not too bad from what i've seen

Jr ///M5
12-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Lovely car Bill, how's Yvonne like it? Was it like Lori's case, once she drove it, she wouldn't even look at another car?

Hey we can talk color choice here too..=) Is that Steel Blue? That's the color of Lori's E39, nice pick. Congratulations to the Misses....

enjoy,
Jr

Hector
12-02-2004, 11:07 PM
for a moment thought it was a Magnum even though you said it was an e46. Nice car though now just equip it with DVD video, roll up the windows, smoke a little weed and cruise into the sunset... Just kidding ;o)

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 12:00 AM
looked at it and told her about it. She trusted my judgement and i made the deal without her seeing it or driving it.... Now I'll have to see if she actually likes it or not..
Its a 2000 323it steel blue like you thought, a cpo car that has warranty coverage till 2006 and it has 36k miles on it. There's a few things i have to fix that the warranty won't cover. Mostly interior trim stuff like the rear seat drink holder won't open... little stuff like that, All the big stuff is fine..
I'm kind of wondering whether she'll like the sports suspension and the 17 inch wheels..If not I'm sure i can swap that stuff out to someone who has the stock setup..

Lovely car Bill, how's Yvonne like it? Was it like Lori's case, once she drove it, she wouldn't even look at another car?

Hey we can talk color choice here too..=) Is that Steel Blue? That's the color of Lori's E39, nice pick. Congratulations to the Misses....

enjoy,
Jr

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 12:06 AM
is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...

that your/the wife's new ride? i don't get too many new 3s yet, not too bad from what i've seen

winfred
12-03-2004, 12:44 AM
i think the oil change indicator system is up to 15k+ miles before the first yellow on the e46, my new snapon scanner is supposed to be able to diagnose the hvac system but i haven't had a chance to try on one, from reading in the manual for the current snapon bmw update theres some goofey stuff in the 2000 and later cars, i hate how diagnosing anything starts off by downloading all of the latest computer updates from the dealers modic.

is if it breaks.... I haven't worked on any yet either... The previous owner had never reset the mieage average so its averaged over 20 k miles and it looks
like the average gas mileage has been 26.5 so that convinced me that it should be fairly economical...

MicahO
12-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Very nice Bill! I'm sure she'll like it, though the Threes are a bit on the smallish side. VERY interesting to find an early e46 Touring with the sport suspension! Is it the sport interior (bolstered seats, etc) as well? I'd bet she'll like the sport suspension plenty...... My mom's been driving the 330Ci sport for 3 years, which is a step firmer from the 325/323 sport suspension, and she's actually considering a trade-in on a performance package car (they're offering her something like $5900 off list if she trades in her current low mileage '01).

I just switched to the normal 17x7 330 multispokes with snowies for winter and they look so small - the wider sport package wheels really make a difference in terms of visual impact (and stepping down from my 18" blingblings makes them look TINY!). You don't have too much to worry about in terms of rough NorthEastern roads - so enjoy those 17's!!!!

I do wish they made a 330 wagon for sale in this country - putting a D-pillar on my car, with the performance package, would make it absolutely perfect......

You will definitely be introducing a whole lot of knowledge and experience to the e46 world if you start hanging out there. You'll probably have to restrain yourself from replying to a whole lot of posts, worse even than I.....

Enjoy!

George M
12-03-2004, 06:53 AM
Great choice Bill...she's love it. Is the E-34 history?
George

Brian C.
12-03-2004, 08:36 AM
While I'm sure that many of you feel that a warranty means that you don't get as much time to get your hands dirty.....I gotta tell you.....my new little car has had gas and two oil services in the past 8mths/8k miles. Period. Not a penny more. I bet my good friends at the BMW dealership miss me a lot. I miss their smiles, not their bills though.

Very nice looking car Bill. I see quite a few of them on the road down here. I think it's popular as a Soccer Mom's 2nd vehicle, next to the 'Burbs and Expeditions and X5s.

Are you gonna need a set of......ahem :D ......"snow shoes" for it??

Brian C.

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi Micah, Yep, its got the sport premium package interior also, power sport seats with memory, tilt and telescope wheel, harman kardon sound with indash cd (Patrick said he can get me a changer very cheap) front and side air bag option, steptronic transmission, wood trim package, self dimming mirror with clown nose, obc, powermoonroof, full size spare etc etc, they got about every option they could with the exception of cold weather package heated seats, but since its an arizona car I don't think that was on their minds.. Even has a little sticker on the gas door stating that 87 octane was acceptable but best performance is with 90....:)
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/323i2.jpg

http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/323i4.jpg
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/323i5.jpg
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/323i6.jpg

Very nice Bill! I'm sure she'll like it, though the Threes are a bit on the smallish side. VERY interesting to find an early e46 Touring with the sport suspension! Is it the sport interior (bolstered seats, etc) as well? I'd bet she'll like the sport suspension plenty...... My mom's been driving the 330Ci sport for 3 years, which is a step firmer from the 325/323 sport suspension, and she's actually considering a trade-in on a performance package car (they're offering her something like $5900 off list if she trades in her current low mileage '01).

I just switched to the normal 17x7 330 multispokes with snowies for winter and they look so small - the wider sport package wheels really make a difference in terms of visual impact (and stepping down from my 18" blingblings makes them look TINY!). You don't have too much to worry about in terms of rough NorthEastern roads - so enjoy those 17's!!!!

I do wish they made a 330 wagon for sale in this country - putting a D-pillar on my car, with the performance package, would make it absolutely perfect......

You will definitely be introducing a whole lot of knowledge and experience to the e46 world if you start hanging out there. You'll probably have to restrain yourself from replying to a whole lot of posts, worse even than I.....

Enjoy!

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 10:04 AM
mechanically... hopefully now that she'll drive the 3 I'll get a chance to sand down the 5 and get it repainted since the clearcoat is really coming off in chunks now... After i get it painted I may or may not decide to sell.. If I don't drive it for a couple of weeks I think about selling it but then as soon as i get in and go somewhere in it I forget all about selling..... I'll probably sell the previa instead since its getting way up there in mileage and I'll have to start using the truck more to haul parts in...44k miles on the 98 ford f150, so i should really start driving it more..

Great choice Bill...she's love it. Is the E-34 history?
George

Ted K
12-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Still a nice car. Wow I wish my garage was that clean.

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 11:26 AM
mine:)... My house hasn't got a prayer of ever looking that clean....

Un
Still a nice car. Wow I wish my garage was that clean.

Martin in Bellevue
12-03-2004, 12:26 PM
I have grown to love the sport seats in that 3 series. I started to enjoy the loaners when the x5 went in for service. It is a much more involving drive around town.

Warren N.CA
12-03-2004, 07:08 PM

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 08:32 PM
I have grown to love the sport seats in that 3 series. I started to enjoy the loaners when the x5 went in for service. It is a much more involving drive around town.

Bill R.
12-03-2004, 08:33 PM

George M
12-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Looks like you found a nice one Bill. Know what you mean about taking a ride in your E-34 and then have a hard time selling it. For all intents my car has the identical drivetrain to yours...M-30, 4 speed autobox etc and there is something about the balance of the car...melts away the miles more effortlessly than any car I can ever recall. Winfred, Keiff...a number of people have that same drivetrain on here. Hopefully, you will never sell it. Sounds like a good idea of putting some fresh paint on it and enjoying another 10 years at least.
Cheers,
George

MarkD
12-04-2004, 09:43 AM

Bill,

I like that garage you have. And the weather looks very good, up here all the leaves have fallen and it's just below 0F. That picture makes me want to move to where ever you are.

MarkD

winfred
12-04-2004, 09:44 PM
yea i gotta paint mine too and after that moms e30 with the same crappy sterling silver crack-o-matic paint

Winfred, Keiff...a number of people have that same drivetrain on here. Hopefully, you will never sell it. Sounds like a good idea of putting some fresh paint on it and enjoying another 10 years at least.
Cheers,
George