PDA

View Full Version : I got a birthday note from bimmer.info!

DanDombrowski
12-01-2004, 11:59 AM
How cool is that? Apparently when you turn 22, you're no longer in the 'cool' crowd anymore. I guess I'm just no fun.

On a completely unrelated note, will my Dad's old tires from his riced out accord fit my bottlecap rims? Tires on there now are 205/60/15, his are 205/65/15.

Later guys.

ryan roopnarine
12-01-2004, 12:13 PM
How cool is that? Apparently when you turn 22, you're no longer in the 'cool' crowd anymore. I guess I'm just no fun.

On a completely unrelated note, will my Dad's old tires from his riced out accord fit my bottlecap rims? Tires on there now are 205/60/15, his are 205/65/15.

Later guys.

roses are red
and ready for plucking
you're 16
and ready for highschool

monsieur vonnegut

yeah, about the tire....i got sick of plugging the 205-70-15 pair on the front. (they were becoming concave in the middle on the driver side tire), from repeated nails. long story short...i ended up having 3 225-60-15 tires on the car, with one 205-60-15 on the front (because i got it unused, for free). any 15 in will fit the bmw rims. if and when the 205-60-15 dies, i'll make the set 4 225-60-15s again.

ps...what's the story with the eclipse?

DanDombrowski
12-01-2004, 12:30 PM
Oh, that's my baby for the next 3 weeks. It was my father's car, back when he was still a man. He married his 23 year old brazilian girlfriend and now its her car. Theyre off in Brazil getting re-married (in local fashion) this time, so I have the eclipse because I'm going to do some work to it, namely:

Finding a reputable place for timing belt and water pump ($705 from dealer), since I really can't guarantee that I can even do it, much less do it right, and if anything breaks I can't afford to fix it.

Brake pads and mabye rotors (might just get them turned).

Valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, and serpentine belt (intake manifold has to be taken off to get to the back 3 spark plugs).

Coolant flush, replace leaking hose.

Replace power antenna (she doesn't understand that we wait for the gate to go all the way up before slamming the gas)

Install splash pan, remove numerous remains of animals that destroyed the original splash pan

Find a place with lifetime alignments and get that done.

For all that, I get his set of 205/65/15 falken tires that came with his car as spares (the kid that owned it before him put 17"s on), and I get to take my girlfriend out in a convertible for awhile.

ryan roopnarine
12-01-2004, 12:49 PM
uhhhh...you live in interesting times, i guess.
23 year old brazilian....i'll refrain from asking what every dickheaded heterosexual male would ask......

here's a mitsu service manual for 2k-2k2 eclipses, just go to the index page, look for the topic you want, and open the appropriate pdf for the text on the subject.

http://www.fast-4ward.com/3GsvcManual/

oh, and if you need assistance, and i aint extraordinarily busy, just call my haus and ask.

DanDombrowski
12-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Wow, that is absolutely perfect! Just what I needed!

I posted the question of the valve cover gaskets on the neweclipse.org forum, what a bunch of n00bs....."I have 4 wrenches. Can I make my car like the one on the fast and the furious, only faster and more furious?"

Hopefully I wont need any assistance just yet, as I don't plan on doing most of the work until I go home for break, but I will be doing the brakes as soon as I can pick a set of pads and mabye find some rotors. I found EBC Green Stuff pads online for $53 for the fronts, which I thought was good. Not sure what to do about the rotors. I've heard that Discount Auto Parts sells rotors for the car for like $25 a set, that makes me suspicious to the quality of them.

I'll do some more investigating tomorrow, today is birthday time!