PDA

View Full Version : temp chime gets me every time.

tim
12-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Maybe its just that Dallas doesn't get that cold. But every year, the first time the damn thing goes off it scares the heck out of me. Just thought I'd share.

632 Regal
12-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Maybe its just that Dallas doesn't get that cold. But every year, the first time the damn thing goes off it scares the heck out of me. Just thought I'd share.

PhilipJCaputo
12-01-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm not a fan either.... mostly because it dings at like 38f... what the heck! water won't even freeze at that temp....

you get in the car in the morning, start it up, and you'll get an extra ding or two, but it seems like it dings between the other "normal" dings, and so now I end up with 3 really fast dings.....

can you adjust it/turn it off??

JonE
12-01-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm not a fan either.... mostly because it dings at like 38f... what the heck! water won't even freeze at that temp....

you get in the car in the morning, start it up, and you'll get an extra ding or two, but it seems like it dings between the other "normal" dings, and so now I end up with 3 really fast dings.....

can you adjust it/turn it off??
Seems like there was another post lately about a chime that is too weak. Perhaps you could arrange a swap! Mine seems to be chiming all the time now here in Minnesota. It'll go away as soon as it gets a bit colder...

632 Regal
12-01-2004, 11:30 AM
the conditions are richt for black ice. Just a heads up that you shouldnt be trying to drift on and off freeway ramps at this time.

Qsilver7
12-01-2004, 12:54 PM
the conditions are richt for black ice. Just a heads up that you shouldnt be trying to drift on and off freeway ramps at this time.
What was BMW thinkin' giving us a warning that the wet patch on the freeway ramp/bridge/overpass ...or the apex of that banked curve...or the hill on XYZ street that has a traffic light at the bottom...might be ice instead of just plain H2o. I know it's been raining all day and the temps are dropping and the wind is blowing but...ice can't form above 32 degrees...and the ambient outdoor temp is the same from the ground to the stratosphere, right? :p :p :p (okay, putting tongue back in cheek)

bimmerd00d
12-01-2004, 01:21 PM
Haha, i did the same thing this morning. (I live in Garland)

callen
12-01-2004, 02:04 PM
You fellas get any sleet or snow? Brother lives in Big D up there often....got to high 30's in Houston...BRRRRR.

Callen

tim
12-01-2004, 02:09 PM
No but we had a freeze last night. Maybe later this week.