PDA

View Full Version : Best Battery for 95 525i?

Russell
12-01-2004, 06:47 AM
My BMW/Douglas oem battery appears to be failing and needs to be replaced. What is the current thinking regarding the best battery for our cars. The archive recomendations appear to be a bit old. I have checked with Advance Auto parts and Autozone. They both appear to good buys for the proper vented battery for about $65 with 7 year warrenty. This compares to the dealer OEM/Douglas battery for $120.00 and 2 year warranty.

Are there other good choices? TIA

Tiger
12-01-2004, 09:53 AM
Autozone... cheap & good

ryan roopnarine
12-01-2004, 10:38 AM
did you unscrew the caps from the top of the douglass and check the water? the last battery my car had was a douglass, and had either 6 or 8 oversized phillips slots on the top of it for checking water.

DallasBill
12-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Bridgestone/Firestone stores have a vented model for the 525i also... that's where I got mine.

Russell
12-01-2004, 05:29 PM
My caps are under some plastic which I need to peel off first.

My BMW/Douglas oem battery appears to be failing and needs to be replaced. What is the current thinking regarding the best battery for our cars. The archive recomendations appear to be a bit old. I have checked with Advance Auto parts and Autozone. They both appear to good buys for the proper vented battery for about $65 with 7 year warrenty. This compares to the dealer OEM/Douglas battery for $120.00 and 2 year warranty.

Are there other good choices? TIA