PDA

View Full Version : Mud Flaps?

Incantation
12-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Hi guys,

Having put some 245s front and back on my 535, I am noticing a hell of a lot of crap is getting thrown up the sides of the car.. debris, leaves, etc. the back apron sides are littered, as is the lower and mid half of the car behind the front wheels. So.. mud flaps.. I know they exist (bavauto has them) but does anyone know of any nice looking ones?

pics would be great, but any help is appreciated!

wat_sup2002
12-01-2004, 05:06 AM
yeah man,
i saw some just today on a white 535. they look mean from the back, couldnt quite get the brand ect, but from my personal oppin, yeah i think they look alright. fat and mean.

Qsilver7
12-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi guys,

Having put some 245s front and back on my 535, I am noticing a hell of a lot of crap is getting thrown up the sides of the car.. debris, leaves, etc. the back apron sides are littered, as is the lower and mid half of the car behind the front wheels. So.. mud flaps.. I know they exist (bavauto has them) but does anyone know of any nice looking ones?

pics would be great, but any help is appreciated!

You can get BMW mud flaps directly from your local BMW dealer (or from the ones that advertise nationally). You can also see the diagram of them from the online parts database: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD21&mospid=47382&prod=19910300&btnr=82_0225&hg=82&fg=44

The BMW rear mud flaps for the e34 will fit all years & models...the front mud flaps only fit up to mfg date 5/94. That's when the body colored side skirts started and they interfere with mounting the front mud flaps. Another plus for the BMW flaps is they mount without drilling any holes...which means less chance of rust! :D If you purchase the front and/or rear "sets" the mounting parts come with the set.

Incantation
12-01-2004, 06:44 PM
were they white too? if i get them i will want them painted my body colour..

Incantation
12-01-2004, 06:45 PM
nice.. thanks for your reply. and that 740 is absolutely beautiful.. (the 525 is great too.. of course :) )

wat_sup2002
12-01-2004, 09:54 PM
nice.. thanks for your reply. and that 740 is absolutely beautiful.. (the 525 is great too.. of course :) )
nope these were black, if you get them white they will be a biatch to keep clean...

Incantation
12-02-2004, 01:50 AM
nah i want em emerald green to match the colour i painted my car...

I see you have a NOS kit.. how's that work for you?

Qsilver7
12-02-2004, 01:43 PM

If you want them the color of your car...I'm sure a reputable auto paint shop can do it. Just make sure they use a good paint elasticizer before painting them so that the paint won't flake or crack off when the mud flaps get flexed. If you have the black side skirts and lower front/rear bumper trim...I think I'd go with keeping the flaps black...but if you have a 95 and the lower trim is the same color as the rest of the car...then painting the rear flaps (the front ones won't fit on a 95) sounds like an interesting thing to do...at least you'd be unique. :)

netmgr
12-02-2004, 07:29 PM
you dont paint mudflaps!! how tacky

stock black is the way to go

Incantation
12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
well i had the whole car painted one solid colour.. door handles, trim, everything.. :) so i need the flaps to be the body colour otherwise they'll stick out big time

Incantation
12-02-2004, 07:43 PM
tacky is purely subjective.

and considering my car is one solid colour, i am not going to have black mudflaps stick out like a sore thumb; i would rather not have flaps at all. i think the insides (tire well side) i will leave black, but the outsides must be body colour.

netmgr
12-02-2004, 08:16 PM
'well i had the whole car painted one solid colour.. door handles, trim, everything..'

well i suppose if its already tacky..might as well add a bit more!

Qsilver7
12-02-2004, 11:29 PM
well i had the whole car painted one solid colour.. door handles, trim, everything.. :) so i need the flaps to be the body colour otherwise they'll stick out big time

I noticed that you spell color with a "u" (colour) ...which is very uncommon in the States. And I've come to notice that owners from Europe tend to embrace mud flaps were as many of my fellow Yanks tend to have a disdain for them (note the conversation above) :p

Hey, it's your car and as long as you like it...thats all that matters. Some like chrome, some like shadowline....some like OE bottlecap 15" wheels....some like plus sized 17/18/19/ and omagawd 20" wheels...people's taste is what it is...individualistic and subjective. :D

If you decide to get them and paint'em...I'd like to see the end result. ;)

Incantation
12-03-2004, 01:46 AM
i live in vancouver, canada. We use the commonwealth english.. colour, humour, etc..

i am into clean and subtle styling. black mud flaps will stick out big time.. and i don't want that. unfortunately these 245s kick up a lot of crap on the sides.. i mean.. it's bad. i do need something to stop it. and a buddy of mine works at a body shop and can do the work for maybe 50 bucks so i may as well try it.

as i mentioned the entire car is a solid colour.. there is NO black trim (as per all the new cars being solid colour) i have had people ask me if the car is new.. if it's a 7 series etc.. lol

anyway i will be happy to post pics.. we'll see how it goes