PDA

View Full Version : Help my LOCKS won't work!!!

The Melmaan
11-30-2004, 12:04 AM
[COLOR=Magenta] :( Hi Good Folks of the Fiv'ers!
I need some help. I have a 93 E34 and I'm having problems with my autolock. I have a keyless entry included in my alarm systems and just last Saturday I was trying to lock it using my remote and it won't lock. I tried to use the key on the driver's door and it unlocks only the driver's door but I can hear the mechanism trying to activate the rest of the locks.
I there anybody out there who had the same issue and was able to solve it?
I hope that somebody can give me some tips before I dig in or I have somebody dig in.
Much Thanks,
[COLOR=Red]The Melmaan ;)

bimmerd00d
11-30-2004, 12:08 AM
this probably wont help, but it's worth a shot. Synchronize the locks. Go to the passenger front door, lock all the doors first. pull up on the handle while unlocking.

Qsilver7
11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
this probably wont help, but it's worth a shot. Synchronize the locks. Go to the passenger front door, lock all the doors first. pull up on the handle while unlocking.

To resynch the locks:
1. Go to passenger door and insert key
2. Turn the key to position 5 (see diagram below) and hold the key until you hear all of the locks "thunk". (4 doors & trunk lock)
3. Go to the drivers door and unlock the doors
4. Repeat steps 1-3 a couple of times or until all locks operate together.

If some of the locks still do not work...you have a bigger problem. Holding up on the handle is part of the procedure for emergency unlocking and is not required for re-synching the door locks. :D

This procedure is funny to me because it is also the procedure for closing the windows & sunroof from outside the car...except you hold the key until all are closed then release. (FYI)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_366_full.jpg

The Melmaan
12-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow. I hope it works.

The Melmaan
12-01-2004, 10:38 PM
It did not work although I notice that the driver side goes reverse of what is in the picture. It unlocks when turning counter clockwise while the passenger side unlocks when turning clockwise. Is this normal?

Qsilver7
12-02-2004, 01:47 PM
It did not work although I notice that the driver side goes reverse of what is in the picture. It unlocks when turning counter clockwise while the passenger side unlocks when turning clockwise. Is this normal?

Yes, it is absolutely normal. Sorry it didn't fix your problem. Looks like its something more involved.

The Melmaan
12-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Do you think it could reach as high as the central locking system?

The Melmaan
12-13-2004, 11:13 PM
All E34 owners!
Seems like all of a sudden, aside from the locks, now I'm having problems with the window switch. It intermittently will not respond. Is this a common thing with the 93 E34s?
I still have not fix the problem with the locks.
Help!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

trimagna
12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
Sorry, I couldn't find the image.

Can I re-synch using the VALET key or do I need to use the MASTER key?

My email can handle large files; send anything that may be relevant to trimagna@yahoo.com .

Thanks,
- CarlD

To resynch the locks:
1. Go to passenger door and insert key
2. Turn the key to position 5 (see diagram below) and hold the key until you hear all of the locks "thunk". (4 doors & trunk lock)
3. Go to the drivers door and unlock the doors
4. Repeat steps 1-3 a couple of times or until all locks operate together.

If some of the locks still do not work...you have a bigger problem. Holding up on the handle is part of the procedure for emergency unlocking and is not required for re-synching the door locks. :D

This procedure is funny to me because it is also the procedure for closing the windows & sunroof from outside the car...except you hold the key until all are closed then release. (FYI)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433594_366_full.jpg

632 Regal
12-20-2004, 05:29 PM
not too common.

The Melmaan
12-24-2004, 11:48 PM
I'm going to give this another shot. Do I need to have all doors and the trunk unlock before I do the procedure?
I tried it the lst time with all the doors lock and I did not hear the "Thump" of the locking mechanism.

The Melmaan
12-24-2004, 11:51 PM
What can you suggest to clean the crap out of the switches?
I was trying to remove the interior door cover but I was not successful in location the screws that hold the cover, the handle and the lever to for openning the door.