PDA

View Full Version : angel eyes e34 Headlight help!!

Joe34
11-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Hello Guys newbie, I own a 89 525i, here is my problem I bought a set of angel eyes for my 5 and :D :D from ebay bad mistake I know, they work and fit fine, but the only problem was that they needed H1 driving lights in witch that was no problem just changed the high beam and low beam harness and bought H1 lights. here comes the kicker my fog light will not come on not even the green light in the dash will come on, no message comes on letting me know the fogs are out. Checked fuses checked current to the lights and nothing HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

Thanks, Joe V.

Incantation
11-29-2004, 11:03 PM
i have these lights.. from ebay.. and they look and perform amazing. :)

sorry.. can't help you with the fogs though..

rockyfeller
11-30-2004, 12:10 AM
I know that when all your high/low beams are disconnected/blown, your fog-lights won't come on....(ask the deer who hit me how I know). I also have the same lights as you...I installed 2 months ago. I had no problems with my fogs....your problems can't be related to the H1 conversion. Something else is up...check your wiring/fuses again.

Joe34
11-30-2004, 12:24 AM
When your high beam were off your fogs did not, I still need to put bulb in the High beams I will go and get some high beam the problem was that the parts store was closed when I was done. thanks for the advise, and yes they work fine and look awsome too.

rockyfeller
11-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Yeah see, I think once you put those high beam bulbs in, your fogs will work again.

PABLO
11-30-2004, 09:36 PM
hey can you guys post some pics of the angel lights

Joe34
12-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Well the Forums work they really work ok sorry little over the top. but thank you guys yes that was the problem that as soon as I connected the high beams they came on.

Thanks

nuwde
12-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Yes, and also, how much was everything including the extra parts and lights? How long? Easy, difficult? WORTH IT??

Edwin

rommel
12-01-2004, 07:01 PM
..........from which seller did you obtain these from, which brand, In.Pro or Depo? I am very interested in the same set as mine are yellow, pitted, and have moisture in them.

thanks,
Rommel
90 535i 5spd
361k Miles

AREITO
12-01-2004, 10:37 PM
i want to get it too. tell me it goes . i has the same 525 1989. i bet they look nice on it.

Joe34
12-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Well it was not very difficult after you get past changing the low beam and high beam harness(witch was very simple) then every thing is just bolt on. I payed $250.00 US from ebay and about $30 for wire electrical tape harness etc.......... Yes IMO they are worth that and more. The only problem that I all ready had is that the halos come with four mini lights, and one of the lights in one of the halo has burned out, but you really can't tell unless you look for it.

Incantation
12-02-2004, 04:41 AM
they look great except the angel eyes are a full circle.. which doesn't look nearly as good as when the top of the circle (from about 10:30 to 1:30) is blocked out, making it look like the bmw issue angel eyes. this can be done very sneakily if you have some nice thick black tape.. and line it underneath your carbon fibre eyebrows (if you have a set)

will take pics this weeked.. i actually took photos of the entire installation process and will be happy to post them once i take them off my cam and figure out how to post them lol

kngpen
12-02-2004, 09:48 AM
they look great except the angel eyes are a full circle.. which doesn't look nearly as good as when the top of the circle (from about 10:30 to 1:30) is blocked out, making it look like the bmw issue angel eyes. this can be done very sneakily if you have some nice thick black tape.. and line it underneath your carbon fibre eyebrows (if you have a set)

will take pics this weeked.. i actually took photos of the entire installation process and will be happy to post them once i take them off my cam and figure out how to post them lol

That would be great because I need directions to throw mine on still. They have been sitting in the box this entire school semester because I have been to busy :(

Incantation
12-02-2004, 08:05 PM
ah it's easy.. i will take some pics of how i wired it as well so you will not have any guesswork
should be available to post on monday.. i need to figure out how to put the pics in a thread

netmgr
12-02-2004, 08:26 PM
as u say they arent propper 'angel eyes' as they go full circle and if you ask me look a little yellow.

i did mine the old fashioned way and fitted led versions inside my existing lights:

http://www.netmgr.co.uk/1.jpg
http://www.netmgr.co.uk/2.jpg

kngpen
12-02-2004, 11:10 PM
I can host them for you if you want on my homepage just email them to Mrjoe83@satx.rr.com. Its not that hard you upload them to a url (.jpg) format and press the "insert image" button in your repy message dialouge. Then you simply paste the url to your hosted picture.

Incantation
12-03-2004, 01:48 AM
that looks good but you can still see an outline on the top of them.. i have painted carbon fibre eyelids on mine with some industrial black (smooth) tape to cap them off nicely.. it looks.. evil

but yea, the colour of yours is definitely nicer.. but the angel eye projector + high beam lights themselves look much nicer and newer.. especially in the daytime

of course this is all personal preference..

Incantation
12-03-2004, 01:49 AM
sure.. i will send you some files on sunday :)

and maybe you can tell me how to black out my window trim? i have been trying to find out for ages...

netmgr
12-03-2004, 01:28 PM
what do you mean you can still see an outline on top of them?

and mine are projector

and it cost about £20, $30?

Incantation
12-04-2004, 01:27 PM
well the original bmw angel eyes aren't a full circle.. if you were looking at a clock.. the part between about 10:30 and 1:30 would be missing.. it looks far better than a full circle all around.

so anyway i have those carbon fibre eyelids which block the top of ring so that it looks like the original ones.. and i also put some heavy duty tape on there (neatly) so that from up close you can't see it as well

i will post pics tomorrow :)

netmgr
12-04-2004, 03:54 PM
your confusing me Incantation...i posted pics of my angel eyes and you said 'that looks good but you can still see an outline on the top of them'

you then went on to explain how the top part should be missing...isnt this excactly what i have and is shown in the pictures?

Incantation
12-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Ok I took pics today.. how do I post them? Alternately you can email me incantation@Novus-tele.net and please put CAPS in your topic ANGEL EYES or something like that as I get tons of spam and may miss it

Joe34
12-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Well, bad news, I guess thats what you get when you buy stuff from ebay. the low beam on the driver side busted today coming home, it is very cold and it has been snowing so what I'm thinking is that some moisture got inside because they where not sealed right so what I need to do is remove the bad peice and replace it with my old one but I'm not too sure on how about to do this, so any advice would be greatlly apreciated.

Thanks Joe

rockyfeller
12-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Really?? What do you mean they got "busted"? Did the outer lens crack or the inner ellipsoid part? Are you sure a rock or something didn't hit it?

Joe34
12-12-2004, 07:40 PM
I think what happend was that a rock hit the lens and with the heat and the snow it just exploded, it is fixed now just used one of the old lenses and put it on. Oh well