PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my E34

emdeebimmer
11-29-2004, 03:03 PM
I plan on lowering my 530i very soon. I have a couple questions on how to do so. The car is self-leveling and I am aware that Eibach makes springs specifically for the self-leveling model. Will I also need to change out my shocks as well? OR can I get away with using stock springs? I am new to BMW's so I appreciate all the help I can get, thanks

Phil Sanderson
11-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I have no experience with self-leveling suspension but as I am aware it's just the springs that need to be changed. You probably only need to replace shocks when they are shot.

Phil

Jason
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
not sure, but i think bav auto sells it, try bma autoparts too. you should be able to get away w/ stock shocks.

I plan on lowering my 530i very soon. I have a couple questions on how to do so. The car is self-leveling and I am aware that Eibach makes springs specifically for the self-leveling model. Will I also need to change out my shocks as well? OR can I get away with using stock springs? I am new to BMW's so I appreciate all the help I can get, thanks

emdeebimmer
12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Can I lower just the front of the car and leave the rear alone? I saw that self-leveling shocks are around 600 dollars a piece and that is ALOT more than I would want to spend.