PDA

View Full Version : Thermostat Variations

Renman
11-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Are there variations of thermostats. I would think so, however when ordering parts on-line today, I also wanted to get a new thermostat and only found one recommended. Now that it's getting colder (I live in Portland OR so it's not that cold), the 530i I just purchased barely gets off the blue, especially on the freeway. Any ideas?

winfred
11-28-2004, 09:13 PM
it probably stuck open as none avalble are that cold, stock v8 i think is 105*c (100*c = 212*f) i don't like my motor/radiator/tranny to run that hot but i don't think theres a alternitive, i like a 80* in all of my cars but the 6 cylinders run a smaller t-stat then the v8, i think lower temp's and less pressure helps the plastic radiator last longer and theres less chance of overheating in summer when it's not running as close to the point of no return where theres no chance of the motor cooling it's self back to normal levels

Are there variations of thermostats. I would think so, however when ordering parts on-line today, I also wanted to get a new thermostat and only found one recommended. Now that it's getting colder (I live in Portland OR so it's not that cold), the 530i I just purchased barely gets off the blue, especially on the freeway. Any ideas?