PDA

View Full Version : Replacing heated windshield nozzles...help please...

Mike L.
11-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Long time reader here, but infrequent poster (don't really know enough to help anyone?).

1995 525iA and I have decided to replace the nozzles. How do I remove the wire from the heater? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The wire leads on the old nozzles look like they just slide in, what is holding them in place? More importantly how do I remove it?

Thanks again,

Mike L.

PS GO HOKIES!!!

PPS Bentley doesn't really help here.

Rigmaster
11-27-2004, 05:24 PM
If you're talking about removing the wires from the nozzles, IIRC- they have a plug that plugs into the back of the nozzle, I think you have to squeeze in the 2 ears on the side of the plastic plug, then it should pull out of the nozzle.

I can check one of the parts cars tomorrow if you still can't get it with these (somewhat lame) directions..... :)

Bret.

632 Regal
11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
theres little tabs or a tab holding it in position, same deal with the wires but I forget and havent messed with mine in a LONG time. Nothing to be afraid of though. You can also adjust the little nozzles if their off by pushing them in the direction you want them to go with say...a little screw driver or similar. Have fun!

Mike L.
11-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I took the nozzle apart. Removing the "C" clip and sliding the 2 pieces apart. Is this necessary? On the car there is a piggy back heater (right?) and 2 wires that go inside the old nozzle. Maybe I should take a picture? I feel like this is too complicated compared to replacing the washer pump and level sensor! That was easy.

I don't see where the bare wires are going inside the nozzle, what do they attach to? In taking the new nozzle apart I couldn't see a contact point for the bare wire. What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help. I'll take a picture tomorrow and beg for more help. :)

Mike L.

Qsilver7
11-28-2004, 12:25 PM
I took the nozzle apart. Removing the "C" clip and sliding the 2 pieces apart. Is this necessary? On the car there is a piggy back heater (right?) and 2 wires that go inside the old nozzle. Maybe I should take a picture? I feel like this is too complicated compared to replacing the washer pump and level sensor! That was easy.

I don't see where the bare wires are going inside the nozzle, what do they attach to? In taking the new nozzle apart I couldn't see a contact point for the bare wire. What am I missing here?

Thanks for any help. I'll take a picture tomorrow and beg for more help. :)

Mike L.

If you go to the online parts database, www.realoem.com/bmw ... you can look up the part number you purchased to see if they are the non-heated nozzles. There are 2 types...heated & non-heated...maybe you don't see anything to attach to cause there's nothing there.

Look it up and let us know.

632 Regal
11-28-2004, 01:29 PM
If you go to the online parts database, www.realoem.com/bmw ... you can look up the part number you purchased to see if they are the non-heated nozzles. There are 2 types...heated & non-heated...maybe you don't see anything to attach to cause there's nothing there.

Look it up and let us know.

Mike L.
11-28-2004, 03:18 PM
So here I am think I have to load the bare wires into the nozzle! Thanks for the advice! I will reorder corrected parts tomorrow AM.

Another question, are my windshield wipers reversed? I had the windshield replaced 3 weeks ago and the passenger blade doesn't look right???

http://home.comcast.net/~melane2/bmwpictures.html

Thanks for any help.

632 Regal
11-28-2004, 08:19 PM
So here I am think I have to load the bare wires into the nozzle! Thanks for the advice! I will reorder corrected parts tomorrow AM.

Another question, are my windshield wipers reversed? I had the windshield replaced 3 weeks ago and the passenger blade doesn't look right???

http://home.comcast.net/~melane2/bmwpictures.html

Thanks for any help.