PDA

View Full Version : Driveline

Renman
11-27-2004, 03:05 PM
It appears that low level rolling noise (0-15 mph) and the acceleration vibe (50-55mph) is result of driveline problem. Has anyone purchased a driveshaft from Driveline of Portland? I happen to live in that area. Any input appreciated. I'm thinking I should change out the driveline, centerbearing and guibo. I can't stand the way the car is driving right now. Thanks!

Robin-535im
11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
It appears that low level rolling noise (0-15 mph) and the acceleration vibe (50-55mph) is result of driveline problem. Has anyone purchased a driveshaft from Driveline of Portland? I happen to live in that area. Any input appreciated. I'm thinking I should change out the driveline, centerbearing and guibo. I can't stand the way the car is driving right now. Thanks!

IIRC, 'SLT5' got one that was out of balance, but they fixed it and paid for shipping both ways. I'd check the archives, here and on the old board if the search is working.

George M
11-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Improper center bearing pre-load when installing the new driveshaft will contribute to vibration and promote premature center bearing wear.
Good Luck,
George

Renman
11-27-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks George. I'm still not sure exactly how to pre-load the center bearing. Can you shed some light on that? As a side note, I just had my trans rebuilt last week. That did help most of the deceleration slack that I was feeling, however not completely as I can still feel this slightly right at the moment I take my foot off of the gas (45+ mph). Am I hunting in the right location by thinking that the "acceleration vibrations" (50 thru 60 mph) and the continued "deceleration slack" is result of a driveshaft issue? I know it's difficult but appreciate your opinions on this. Thanks.