PDA

View Full Version : I Want A M5 Look In My 525i 1989

AREITO
11-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi all, Francisco (BRONX ,NY). What do i need to make my 525i 1989 look like M5, And what parts can i fit and from what year should i use that will work in my car. I was told i can use front/rear bumper from a m5 92/95. Its that right? will i need any adapter for it?

Incantation
11-27-2004, 12:18 AM
:|

bahnstormer
11-27-2004, 12:31 AM
u'll need a flux capacitor adapter. bmw part #L33tN3wB
they're tough to find =\

AREITO
11-27-2004, 12:45 AM
thank you for the part no. i going to see what i can do!

AREITO
11-27-2004, 12:53 AM
dont get me wrong, i like how my 525i look, but always wanted to get a M5. So i least i got the body of it, i just have to work around it now. It's like a work of Arts. It takes time and some money to do it, but i think i will do it.... I'm also working with my TOYOTA SUPRA TURBO, but that is more for speed and horses power than anything(Drag racing)500 horses power for street of New York City.

Torque
11-27-2004, 12:55 AM
all the parts should be a direct bolt-on... but by the time you get done, you will have spent so much money that you could have almost bought a m5.

AREITO
11-27-2004, 12:59 AM
I Was Thinking About That, But Im Going To Get Almost All My Parts Used And Ebay And Some Local Junk Jar Around My Way.(new York City, Penn,nj,ct) Thank You For The Info......

AREITO
11-27-2004, 01:03 AM
I Want To Add My Pics To My Reply. How Can I Do That?

shogun
11-27-2004, 01:24 AM
See on top FAQ and quick links.

AREITO
11-27-2004, 07:12 AM
thanks

Incantation
11-27-2004, 02:15 PM
haha nice one

Incantation
11-27-2004, 02:20 PM
500 horses power for street of New York City

dude what's the matter with you. are you joking? drag racing should take place in a closed environment, and nowhere else. i think you should sell your cars and buy an xbox with need for speed underground on a plasma screen.

Garlic Breath
11-27-2004, 02:41 PM
u'll need a flux capacitor adapter. bmw part #L33tN3wB
they're tough to find =\
:)

632 Regal
11-27-2004, 03:34 PM
(Drag racing)500 horses power

uhhuh.

Johntee540
11-27-2004, 04:37 PM
The Toyota Supra Turbo Stock has 320. In its american form it is highly detuned. By Adding Chip; Exhaust; Cams; Wastegates; Twin Turbo; and some other goodies I cant remember you can get about 503 HP out of them. My neighbors kid has one and its pretty insane. We hear him come home every night from about a quarter mile away. :( Other than that its an impressive piece of tuned machinery.- JT

632 Regal
11-27-2004, 06:38 PM
in my mind I cant see anything that light hooking up at any speed let alone being a drag racer. I know they can produce a LOT of power but to have them hook without blowing the tires off and utalizing that power makes then severley unsafe to drag with let alone "drag race on the street". Especially in street tire trim, maybe I'm too old and dont understand the power to weight concept any more.

Front drive + 500HP = spin.

AREITO
11-27-2004, 09:44 PM
dude what's the matter with you. are you joking? drag racing should take place in a closed environment, and nowhere else. i think you should sell your cars and buy an xbox with need for speed underground on a plasma screen.
i know what i got. what do you got? street race drag! this is new york city, after 12:00 am the street is ours. You should come here and see for yourself. ops , maybe you never been here! sorry about that...... :D :p

bahnstormer
11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
the toyota supra is rwd.... =]

1. my tt is currently stock, but i want to improve its performance. what should i do?
glad to hear you're ready to "really" join the tt club! we have found that the tt responds very well to the following list of basic performance upgrade s (bpus). these upgrades are proven (by us naturally!!) to have a high degree of reproducibility from car to car if you install all of the following:
exhaust system (most of the major brand name exhausts are fine)
downpipe with or without high flow catalytic converter (rod millan, speedtek, random technology, stillen, uprd, powerhouse & spp)
ebc or mbc (electronic/manual boost controller), not boost controllers w/ fuzzy logic (e.g.. profec a and hks evc)
fuel cut defenser (greddy bcc - highly recommended by the mkiv.com members. read why hks fcd is the same as the ffcd (using the hks fcd or the ffcd is only recommended if you have the ttc mod and 12v mod)
with the bpu installed, you can expect to obtain approximately 370-410 rear wheel horsepower (rwhp). damn, you gotta love the supra tt!!

you will also want to install a boost gauge to monitor how much boost you are running. obviously running more boost is going to decrease the life of your turbos (by how much is not really known) so you will want to watch this. a few turbos don't last long at all at higher than stock boost levels, but most seem to take the increased boost just fine. most people think the best trade off is no more than 18 psi although some have had success and longevity with higher boost. a conservative number would be to run 15 psi low boost with occasional runs to 17 psi if you get an ebc that is easily adjustable on the fly. even with a supra, you gotta be willing to pay to play...

supra's are very good at making big power and they look pretty good
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/images/toyota/supra_3.jpg

Johntee540
11-28-2004, 10:58 AM
The Supra TT is also a fairly heavy RWD car. BTW - the engine is so highly modifiable and reliable there are more than a few e34 Owners that have put the Supra Engines in their 5's. I have seen a couple of Boards that are dedicated to this subject. Not that I would - but we probably shouldnt besmirch things we dont completely understand - JT

Johntee540
11-28-2004, 12:51 PM
But - You can feel free to besmirch "Street Racing" or "Drag Racing in the Streets" of New York City any time! - I am old too. JT

John in CT
11-28-2004, 07:30 PM
in very limited numbers, not the least reason being it was about a $20K upcharge from the regular E34 sedan of the day. The chances of finding the "crash" parts you want in a junkyard are slim. Besides the wheels, front valence and "M" badging, it takes a real E34 expert to tell the difference from 20 feet away.

Here's a link that might help you

http://bmwe34m5.com

Good luck,

John
1995 525im

AREITO
11-30-2004, 10:12 PM
John , thanks alot for all the info. another thing John, i just got a set of rim from a 540 i think 97/03. the rim size are 16" the tire of the front is 205/65/16. do you know what is the bigger size i can use for the rear? i wanted to use 245/50/16, but to big. i want bigger tire for the rear..