PDA

View Full Version : hard steering wheel

ejhiggins
11-24-2004, 08:49 PM
the steering wheel on my 95 540i is very hard turn in cold days and also doesn't return to center until the outdoor temp is above 60 F, then it will loosen up a bit, the strange thing is that if i run the heat in the cabin the steering feels fine. How can i tell if the problem is in the PS pump or the steering box?

632 Regal
11-24-2004, 11:38 PM
see your other post.

ejhiggins
11-25-2004, 12:14 PM
i din't see any info regagrding the steering problem in my other post

Bill R.
11-25-2004, 01:07 PM
theres a poor connection on the servotronic module inside the a pillar or a poor connection on the speedometer to servotronic connector...First thing i would do is remove the servotronic module in the a pillar and clean the connections and see what that does... If this is a usa car it should be in the base of the a pillar. you have to remove the drivers side kick panel by your feet in the a pillar and you'll see some cutouts with the wiring harness going inside one of those cutouts, attached to a bracket inside the cutout youl'll see the servotronic module.

the steering wheel on my 95 540i is very hard turn in cold days and also doesn't return to center until the outdoor temp is above 60 F, then it will loosen up a bit, the strange thing is that if i run the heat in the cabin the steering feels fine. How can i tell if the problem is in the PS pump or the steering box?