PDA

View Full Version : No heat to the rear vents.

Shade Tree
11-24-2004, 05:13 PM
When the heat is on, there is cold air coming out of the rear vents. The vents under the seat blow hot. It seems like a servo or hearer valve. Anyone have any ideas?

shragon
11-24-2004, 05:25 PM
it's normal. no hot air comes out of the rear vents.

Russell
11-24-2004, 05:27 PM
This is the second time I have replied to one your emails asking questions about items/issues that are described in your manual. :( Please read it or get one from ebay or the dealer. You might also purchase a Bentley repair manual from an on-line suppler. It is about $50 or so. It provides many technical answers. The archives are a great help. This question has been asked several times before. BTW, I had to check my manual to see why warm air did not come out the center vents. :)

That said, the rear vents only blow cool air. They are not heated. My owner's manual even has a picture illustrating where warm and cool air is distributed.

When the heat is on, there is cold air coming out of the rear vents. The vents under the seat blow hot. It seems like a servo or hearer valve. Anyone have any ideas?

netmgr
11-24-2004, 05:29 PM
http://shrubbery.student.utwente.nl/johan/center_vents/air_distribution.jpg

Mr Project
11-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Every winter, this gets asked. Usually about once a month. :)

Those vents aren't supposed to blow heat. I can't find the pic on bruno's site right now.

Mr Project
11-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks netmgr....I was out looking and you beat me to it. :)

netmgr
11-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks netmgr....I was out looking and you beat me to it. :)

its called bored...nothing better to do with my time

Dick Schneiders
11-24-2004, 07:12 PM