PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving, E34 fans

Robin-535im
11-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Found this on the old hard drive using the new Google search feature. I like #35 the best - though I apparently don't like my car as much as that guy.

"You know you're an E34 Fanatic when...

1 You have E34 wallpaper and screen savers.
2 Your recently married twin brother tells you to stop obsessing on your BMW and find a wife.
3 You've printed out more than 3/4 of Bruno's site. You what "Bruno's Site" means.
4 You can't help but scan used car lots / newspapers for E34's in your area, just in case there happens to be a killer deal that you just can't pass up.
5 You know the location of every E34 on the drive to and from work.
6 Your girlfriend asks "why cant you look at me like you do your car?"
7 The women in your life wish you treated them as well as your car.
8 You know who Patrick and Yves are.
9 Your coworkers have you sit down to tell you a fellow coworker was involved in an accident while driving his BMW. Another coworker offered me a trash can in case I got sick when hearing the news.
10 You go to buy one or two parts off a parts car and instead you buy the entire car....
11 You've been told more than once that "it's no longer a hobby"
12 We all consider each other "Friends" & can meet for the first time, but somehow have an instant feeling of comraderie, bonding and friendship......
13 You consider flying 1200 km to another country for a e34 xmas breakfast!!!!!!
14 You go through the major pita trouble to import an E34 M5 Touring, and it's not your first (E34, Touring, M5 etc).…
15 HOME is http://www.bimmernut.com/wwwboard/e34/
16 Every bump you hit makes you think about your thrust arm bushings...
17 Your 'Favorites' e34 website list is at least 4 x as long as the rest of the favorites
18 Your wife refers to "Gretchen" as the other woman
19 You feel a need to purchase a bmw poster and plaster it up in your small office cubicle...
20 You own a miniature die-cast model of your E34 and you keep it out in plain view
21 After booting up, one of the first three sites hit is www.bimmernut.com..w/.
22 You have a standing offer to anyone on the board for a ride in the M5T if they come through town.…
23 You take time out of a vacation to meet up with a fellow poster
24 Your spouse and kids know what "E34" means and they too can spot one from a 1/2 mile away.
25 Your wife can identify "Style 5's, Basketweaves and Bottlecaps".
26 It truly upsets you to see an E34 in bad shape.
27 You know the last 7 digits of your VIN by heart from using ETK all the time.
28 Your girlfriend knows to point out any e34 on the road that you might have missed
29 You are careful to always distinguish engines correctly in conversation: S38B38, not S38B36, M50tu, not M50, etc…
30 You feel bad when you forget the anniversary of the day you bought your E34- 11/4/99
31 You contribute to a thread titled "You know you're an E34 Fanatic when..."
32 You see another person in an E34 and you feel like you've been friends your whole life.
33 Your head subconciously whips around after passing another E34 and you want to see the badge
34 You hear "dog bone" the first thing that comes to mind isn't a treat for dogs.
35 You wait until you get outside your E34 to fart.
36 You justify creating your own holiday cards because it will leave you more money for the E34.
37 You can spot any BMW grill in the rear view mirror up to at least 500+ yards in TRAFFIC and know the exact model!
38 Your girlfriend begins referring to the car as "the other woman."
39 The word "shimmy" sends chills down your spine.
40 Everytime you see a movie or TV show you look for E34's in the background. Your family is no longer surprised when you pause the movie to backup and see what model E34 it was.
41 You don't get to this fourm for 3 days and start getting the shakes...
42 You know what these are: LKM, OBC, LAD, ICV, MAF, AFM, ETK, TIS
43 You're still upgrading it 5 years after you bought it....... :)
44 No one and I mean no one, is allowed in the garage where the E34 M5 is parked, without your presence
45 Two words............. pickle fork
46 You use "E34" instead of 5 series....

Torque
11-24-2004, 09:19 PM
hahah i remember these from the old board.

happy thanksgiving e34 people :)

bimmerd00d
11-24-2004, 10:36 PM
i'm guilty of at least 40 of those.