PDA

View Full Version : 535i 1991 - ipod use?

Thanos
11-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone tried to use an Apple iPod with the original cassette deck/radio unit? I am considering getting an iPod but am concerned about FM interference with the remote adapters (made by Griffin and Belkin), and also concerned about compatibility with the cassette adapters (such as the Sony CPA-9C). Any experince with any of these?

Thanks in advance, Thanos

Alan Y
11-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Try this link:

<http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=31503>

bimmerd00d
11-23-2004, 07:49 PM
i've got the Griffin iTrip, and i am not really pleased with it. then again, im not too pleased with any FM Modulator. I suggest maybe a tape adapter, or inline fm modulator that connects directly to the antenna.

netmgr
11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
i have an inline fm modulator and thats shite too, makes crystal clear mp3s sound like a bad radio station

stick to something that allows direct audio in

CrimsonBrian
11-23-2004, 11:01 PM
I have an iPod and use a RadioShack tape adapter. Its decent, although there is a little hiss and sometimes the deck cant decide whether or not the tape is "Metal" so it switches back and forth which makes for some odd noises. Overall, I think its the best way to go.

Sweetwater
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi All,

Has anyone tried to use an Apple iPod with the original cassette deck/radio unit? I am considering getting an iPod but am concerned about FM interference with the remote adapters (made by Griffin and Belkin), and also concerned about compatibility with the cassette adapters (such as the Sony CPA-9C). Any experince with any of these?

Thanks in advance, Thanos

Ipod with Sony adapter works great for me. I have never liked FM modulators. I also record CD quality wav files, no MP3's.

Thanos
11-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks very much everybody.
I think that I will try the Sony cassette adaptor. Seems safest, esp. in NY, which has dense FM use.