PDA

View Full Version : What is the Beep, Beep, Beep

Shade Tree
11-23-2004, 12:25 PM
My car will sometimes, after 30 minutes of driving, give out 3 Beeps. There is no message displayed or anything. What could it be?

billb
11-23-2004, 12:44 PM
My car will sometimes, after 30 minutes of driving, give out 3 Beeps. There is no message displayed or anything. What could it be?

1 minute before the hour. That is to remind you of news at the top of the hour.

kiNGMak
11-23-2004, 09:24 PM
May be your climate.. if it is 38 degrees .. it will chime at you.. black ice.... where are you located?

Russell
11-23-2004, 09:53 PM
If no manual (s) check on e-bay or see if you can order from the dealer.

netmgr
11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
3 beeps means clock signal, beeps before the hour as prev post stated

and its not for ice warning as thats a dull gong rather then 3 beeps.

u can turn it off by pressing the s/r button on obc when its showing the time

Shade Tree
11-24-2004, 04:29 PM
I appreciate the quick and precise response. You must be one of the more technical posters on this site. I am interested in posting with the technically cabable. Some of my posts go unanswered. I think it is the lack of technical knowledge. I have more technical questions and please answer if you can.

Tiger
11-24-2004, 04:47 PM
This is "Bong..." warning... not triple beeps

632 Regal
11-24-2004, 06:29 PM
some questions may go unanswered because the people with that particular knowledge might not be able to look all the time. I wont post anything unless I know, or can be a smartass, or have half a clue. Everything I know I learned on here or by experience, I am VERY thankful that I havent learned everything from my own experience. Some things I think I would rather sell my car for rather than take the challange on...such as the infamous heater core. Pouring in a bottle of goop sounds really good but dont really want to try it...but I might...idonno.