PDA

View Full Version : Need Torque Values For Rear Dog Bones

Pwr2spare
11-22-2004, 07:52 AM
I will be installing new Dog Bones (Pitman arms) on the rear of my 1990 525i 5spd. I can't seem to find the torgue values for this installation. I also need the torque values for the subframe plate bolts, since i'm also installing Bruno's subframe stiffeners. Thanks inadvance for the forums assistance.

Pwr2spare
11-23-2004, 06:59 PM
I will be installing new Dog Bones (Pitman arms) on the rear of my 1990 525i 5spd. I can't seem to find the torgue values for this installation. I also need the torque values for the subframe plate bolts, since i'm also installing Bruno's subframe stiffeners. Thanks inadvance for the forums assistance.

Russell
11-23-2004, 09:06 PM
I also installed Bruno's subframe stiffers. Big help on rear squirming. Helped stiffen up the old subframe bushings/mounts.

Also I did not worry about the torque on the small bolts that hold the plate to the frame. I just sort of replicated what it seemed to be when I removed the bolts. I also used a tiny bit of red locktite.

Pwr2spare
11-24-2004, 07:03 AM
I also installed Bruno's subframe stiffers. Big help on rear squirming. Helped stiffen up the old subframe bushings/mounts.

Also I did not worry about the torque on the small bolts that hold the plate to the frame. I just sort of replicated what it seemed to be when I removed the bolts. I also used a tiny bit of red locktite.