PDA

View Full Version : I think it's a flooded engine???

chapmanw
11-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Help!

I moved my car last night a few feet and then shut it down. Then today, the car cranks but doesn't start. It comes close and I think i've almost drained the battery. Flooded?

I proceeded to start it with my foot on the pedal and then i noticed i was loosing power.

Should I proceed with the same procedure with a boost??

thanks, I'm gonna charge the battery too if it finally starts...

chapmanw
11-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Help!

I moved my car last night a few feet and then shut it down. Then today, the car cranks but doesn't start. It comes close and I think i've almost drained the battery. Flooded?

I proceeded to start it with my foot on the pedal and then i noticed i was loosing power.

632 Regal
11-21-2004, 02:47 PM
if the battery doesnt hold a full charge than the car most likely wont start, check with a known good battery.

Elekta
11-21-2004, 04:28 PM
I bet if you disconnect the battery completely while you recharge it, you will be fine. Clearly it needs to be recharged, and you will reset any mixture issues in the computer when you go to start it again.

I had this issue once when a cold front surprised my engine (woke up to 34'F) and I couldn't get it to start, and wore down the battery trying.

Charged for two hours, and by 11am it had risen a dozen or so degrees, and the airking started right up.

chapmanw
11-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I hooked up a good battery and finally got it started. smelled real bad though

also got the trans message. After some charging of the battery, everything was good. started up right away. i also learned that a good amount of force is needed to pry open the rear seat.

thanks,

Help!

632 Regal
11-21-2004, 05:52 PM
was in the summer and I was a sweatball before I got it, has a lot to do with technique. Glad its better.