PDA

View Full Version : Newbe with a few probs

xgordyx
11-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi all.
Got a couple of probs with my '90 e34 530i auto
The story goes a bit like this. Bought the car, drove home (about 70 miles) ran well, apart from sticking in second a couple of times. Parked up and sat with it ticking over for a coulpe of minuits then it got all lumpy and cut out. The fuel pump stoped working. Tested the fule pump and all was well. Tested what i think is the fule pump realy (about 99% sure it is lol) it was fine. Checked all fuses and they were fine. Couldn't find the problem so as a tempory measure i put a live wire to the pump. The car fired up no probs but, it now comes up with a measage 'transmition program' after it's been running for about five seconds. It's stuck in 3rd and reverse (limp home mode) After having a hunt about on the net i think the problems are related but don't know whats wrong, also there is a intermitent clicking from behind the lower part of the dash on the drivers side don't know if this has anything to do with it either. Any one had this problem befoure?
Anyone got any sugestions? :(
Chears
Gordy

Al Gray
11-21-2004, 11:44 PM
When I bougjht my car three years ago at 111,000 miles after about two weeks I got the Trans Program message. It was low on transmission fluid. I still get the Trans Program message occasionally and it is always related to a low trans fluid level. Put some good synthetic ATF in the car and it should begin shifting okay. Regarding some of your other problems, I don't have any suggestions for you at this time.

QUOTE=xgordyx]Hi all.
Got a couple of probs with my '90 e34 530i auto
The story goes a bit like this. Bought the car, drove home (about 70 miles) ran well, apart from sticking in second a couple of times. Parked up and sat with it ticking over for a coulpe of minuits then it got all lumpy and cut out. The fuel pump stoped working. Tested the fule pump and all was well. Tested what i think is the fule pump realy (about 99% sure it is lol) it was fine. Checked all fuses and they were fine. Couldn't find the problem so as a tempory measure i put a live wire to the pump. The car fired up no probs but, it now comes up with a measage 'transmition program' after it's been running for about five seconds. It's stuck in 3rd and reverse (limp home mode) After having a hunt about on the net i think the problems are related but don't know whats wrong, also there is a intermitent clicking from behind the lower part of the dash on the drivers side don't know if this has anything to do with it either. Any one had this problem befoure?
Anyone got any sugestions? :(
Chears
Gordy[/QUOTE]