PDA

View Full Version : Help...please ...a girl from Romania!!

carmencc2727
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
]I just finished to work on my car...BMW 535i '88 M30.b35
I had some problems with valves or something like that...it seems that after one week or stying without power my car is not starting...
every time i tried to start the engine my bord message is PPPP...
the man from the service told me that i need a code or something to restart the machine but i don't know any code for that and i don't know what to do because the alarm was very loud and i had to disconnect everything.
finally we found a small box under the back seats and we taked off.the car starting to work very well but the computer from the right side of my bord is not working anymore and doesn't display anything...also the part from my fromt side...
how can i reset my car to start again with my computer on....because it seems that my car works now with 25 liter of gasoline at 100 km instead of 13 liter with computer on

carmencc2727
11-21-2004, 11:11 AM
]I just finished to work on my car...BMW 535i '88 M30.b35
I had some problems with valves or something like that...it seems that after one week or stying without power my car is not starting...
every time i tried to start the engine my bord message is PPPP...
the man from the service told me that i need a code or something to restart the machine but i don't know any code for that and i don't know what to do because the alarm was very loud and i had to disconnect everything.
finally we found a small box under the back seats and we taked off.the car starting to work very well but the computer from the right side of my bord is not working anymore and doesn't display anything...also the part from my fromt side...
how can i reset my car to start again with my computer on....because it seems that my car works now with 25 liter of gasoline at 100 km instead of 13 liter with computer on
my email address:carmencc2727@yahoo.com

shogun
11-21-2004, 11:31 AM
It is described in the owners manual how to reset time and date. If you do not
have one, you can download it here in the following link.

In case that does not help, remove the CCM (check control module) which is on the right hand side in the fuse box under a black cover. Spray the contacts with with contact cleaner and install again.
PPPP means actually that the onboard computer (OBC) cannot read the signals it is getting from the check control module, or it does not get any data.
Link to owners manual. This one is from E32, but fits for E 34 too for the OBC + other parts. (http://shrubbery.student.utwente.nl/manual.html)

I suggest to make a reset of the engine ECU. Go to my link page and read resets in the first section. If you make a reset do not forget your radio code before and your anti theft system code (if you have that).

click to my site. It's mainly for E32, but will work on your car too. (http://tridem.han-solo.net/auto/erich/auto.htm)

shogun
11-21-2004, 11:45 AM
more info: the PPPP has nothing to do with your onboard computer (OBC), as this is just shwoing teh consumption, time, date etc., actual engine management is done by the Motronic (ECU).
So if the comsumption is higher, your mechanic has to check all the routine things like distributor cap, distributor rotor, all rubber connections in the intake system, check the temperature feelers of the cooling system, air intake system, oxygen sensor etc.

On my page there are also wiring diagrams, and a link to other E34 pages with technical tips. Have a look at that too.
Check this site too
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Maintenance/Gen_maintenance/Maintenance_main.htm

Messerschmitt
11-21-2004, 02:10 PM
knowledgable mechanic, especially someone with BMW experience. If you are in or near Bucharest your chances will be better.

As mentioned below you will want to look for electrical connection problems with the ECU. Connections can get "bad" by getting dirty. A little cleaning can sometimes make them work like new.

Go to Brunos site at (http://www.bmwe34.net/) for information on your car.

Messerschmitt

shogun
11-21-2004, 10:19 PM
you might be surprised how good some of these technicians are in the former Eastern block countries.
They had to make impossible things possible, when spare parts were rare or not available in the former time.
Technicians in the former "West" merely can only replace the defective parts but not repair them. These tech's had to repair the cars with minimum available new parts.
People from Germany now go to these countries for repairs, repainting cars etc., because labor cost is still mcuh cheaper.
There is even a big boom for the dentists in these countries, because people combine their holidays with a full 'overhaul' of their teeth. They save that much money from that, that the holiday is basically paid from the saved money.

People in Germany living on the border lines to Chechia or Poland etc. just drive to the other country to refill their fuel tanks,buy the beer boxes and cheap food and clothes, big difference in price and Pilsener Beer is one of the best ones. ;-)

Messerschmitt
11-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I love the Eastern European countries and can't wait to return. I should have stated that differently. Certainly there are capable technicians in Romania, and the rest of Eastern Europe, some I know personally, however they may be more easy to find in the larger cities where they will undoubtedly go in search of more business.

The great thing is that these cars can be repaired by the owners with a little patience!

Messerschmitt

shogun
11-22-2004, 02:18 AM
Used car prices go up in Germany for 5 + 7 series

I have heard from my friends and a dealer specialized in used parts for E32. They are not bought by Germans mainly (fuel price too high), but by people from Poland and other East European countries. These are the cars which are still repairable to get the German TUV road test approval, but need some extensive repairs. Labour cost is cheap there, so it can be done. Buy 3 crash cars and make one out of the still usable parts.
The others, which no one wants to buy in Europe, are bought by dealers for the middle east countries, where road safety regulations are not that strict.