PDA

View Full Version : 525i 1989 want to lower

AREITO
11-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi all. This is Francisco and i want to make my 525i 1989 look or be lower . Can any one tell me a good set of suspention or sprint for my car(chip).. Thanks to all..

Patrick
11-21-2004, 01:12 PM
I like my Sachs kit because it's a good compromise of firmness, lowering, and comfort. There are, of course, other spring/shock combinations that people like. Since you're new to E34's you should spend some time on Bruno's website:
http://www.bmwe34.net/

632 Regal
11-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Im running Eibach springs and Belstein sport shocks, firm but not jarring and it lowers the front conciderably compared to the stockers.

talltorontoguy
11-21-2004, 10:39 PM
I agree on the Sachs kit. It really is great.

I went a little further and used 3mm spring pads on the front of mine to drop it almost an extra 1/4". The 3mm pads are from either the M5 or from a 540, can't remember which, but they fit right in there.

Got it all from BMA

Good luck,
Rod

pmlmotorsports
11-22-2004, 02:48 AM
being in the business, I've tried all the combos imaginable BUT the Sachs kit..... the best springs I ever experienced were Vogtland, they drop the car a minimal amount .8" (20mm) in the rear (40mm front) all the other brands extend the drop in the rear to a minimum of 1" to a maximum of 1.4" and to be honest, the slightest drop will increase toe and negative camber which in turn increases tire-wear DRAMITICALLY. I currently drive on these springs and the stock Boge Automatic struts and shocks. Personally I prefer the "softer" Boge Automatics. The Bilsteins are a firmer ride and Koni's offer adjustability...there isn't any magic here so simply choose how much ride comfort and tire wear you are willing to sacrifice and go for it. To me the Vogtland springs are just perfect, the spring rates are slightly softer than Eibach but are extremely progressive and H&Rs are way to stiff for the street. My car feels "glued" to the road. 1990 535iM, 3.91LSD EAT chip........ Rac Dyn SS exhaust, and 17" staggered Rac Dyn wheels soon to be added ....did I mention they come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY !!!

AREITO
11-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I like my Sachs kit because it's a good compromise of firmness, lowering, and comfort. There are, of course, other spring/shock combinations that people like. Since you're new to E34's you should spend some time on Bruno's website:
http://www.bmwe34.net/

AREITO
11-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Im running Eibach springs and Belstein sport shocks, firm but not jarring and it lowers the front conciderably compared to the stockers.

AREITO
11-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks Rod!

Tiger
11-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Same setup here... the tire brand makes a huge difference in ride.

talltorontoguy
11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
One thing to remember on the Sachs kit is that you have two height settings to pick from on the rear.

I used the higher setting, which is close to stock (there is still a gap between the tire and the lip). This might address the alignment issue mentioned earlier (not 100% sure if it does).

Rod

AREITO
11-23-2004, 01:48 AM
One thing to remember on the Sachs kit is that you have two height settings to pick from on the rear.

I used the higher setting, which is close to stock (there is still a gap between the tire and the lip). This might address the alignment issue mentioned earlier (not 100% sure if it does).

Rod