PDA

View Full Version : hi guys

bishbash1
11-19-2004, 01:55 PM
hope your all well. i just bought my first bmw. its a '92 518i. i love it already but i have a question. when i turn the ignition key to start the car the central locking locks all the doors. on switching the ignition off all the doors unlock. is this normal? a safety feature of some sort? or is there a gremlin in the electrics?

hope someone can help

632 Regal
11-19-2004, 03:27 PM
sounds like a new pontiac to me, not sure on the 518 but my 530 doesnt do that.

Astroboy
11-19-2004, 03:51 PM
but pre-alarm installation, it didn't do that.

bishbash1
11-19-2004, 04:16 PM
but pre-alarm installation, it didn't do that.

ahhhh. i've got a clifford too. that must be the answer. thanks alot i appreciate it.

now i've another question relating to the alarm. on the remote fob there is two buttons. the left button locks the car and the hazzard lights flash twice but the right button doesn't seem to do anything. the light on the fob lights up but the car doesn't seem to respond in anyway. any ideas?

thanks

Astroboy
11-21-2004, 01:22 PM
the other buttons activate other optional features that need to be installed in order for it to work, like truck opening, remote start, etc. I only have the standard arm/unarm in either beep or silent mode and door lock/unlock so only two of my buttons work.
Astro

ahhhh. i've got a clifford too. that must be the answer. thanks alot i appreciate it.

now i've another question relating to the alarm. on the remote fob there is two buttons. the left button locks the car and the hazzard lights flash twice but the right button doesn't seem to do anything. the light on the fob lights up but the car doesn't seem to respond in anyway. any ideas?

thanks

bishbash1
11-21-2004, 05:47 PM
i guess the previous owner just went for a basic alarm that activates on locking the car. thanks for the info