PDA

View Full Version : Desesperately Help Needed

LMC
11-18-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi guys,
Yesterday night I tried all my E34 forum knowledge to open my car.
Nov 15th I told you my cabin car was as closed as my virgin ass.
Handles seem to open, but pins stay al the middle all the time. It worked one time in the past, when I neednīt. (Murphy law)
I also connected a booster and a new battery to trunk light bulb, claxon (put off front defense), centralized fuel door, ...
Whatīs next? I suppose the next is alternator, because I didnīt watch "The A team" or "McGiver" refered to this issue. As thereīs not too light, and I canīt move the car cause itīs in garage, need maneouvres (not easy position to move without steering wheel) canīt see very wheel alternator position and wiring (+).
If anyone has suffered this stupid problem before, his experience will be thanked.
Pics of engine and alternator position will be extremely thanked.

91 E34 525i M50 (see pic posted Nov 15th)
thanks

Jon K
11-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi guys,
Yesterday night I tried all my E34 forum knowledge to open my car.
Nov 15th I told you my cabin car was as closed as my virgin ass.
Handles seem to open, but pins stay al the middle all the time. It worked one time in the past, when I neednīt. (Murphy law)
I also connected a booster and a new battery to trunk light bulb, claxon (put off front defense), centralized fuel door, ...
Whatīs next? I suppose the next is alternator, because I didnīt watch "The A team" or "McGiver" refered to this issue. As thereīs not too light, and I canīt move the car cause itīs in garage, need maneouvres (not easy position to move without steering wheel) canīt see very wheel alternator position and wiring (+).
If anyone has suffered this stupid problem before, his experience will be thanked.
Pics of engine and alternator position will be extremely thanked.

91 E34 525i M50 (see pic posted Nov 15th)
thanks

...sooo your ass handles open but the pin stays in the middle eh? But it worked before, i dunno, colon cleaning?

bimmerd00d
11-18-2004, 10:37 AM
wow im more confused than oprah at weight watchers.

632 Regal
11-18-2004, 11:41 AM
ummm...idonno either

Pwr2spare
11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Have you tried the manual method as shown in Bruno's site www.bmwe34.net under troubleshooting sub-section Locked Door.

632 Regal
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
I believe he tried this last week with no luck.

JonE
11-18-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't suppose trying to turn the key harder would help? I've never done this manual method, but it makes me wonder if the door handle position might be critical while turning that key. Almost like there might be a specific "slot" that works and if the door handle is not in just the right position full up or slightly less than full up that it won't turn and make the door lock pin rise up.
Anyone else experience this?

Dan in NZ
11-18-2004, 08:35 PM
I used the emergency unlock once... You turn the key as far as it can go in the unlock direction, then lift the handle up and the key turns further. The further stage takes more effort to turn than normal unlocking. I'm not sure if it's driver, passenger or both that it works on.

632 Regal
11-18-2004, 10:42 PM
at this point I think we would need to call AAA or something like that. Next step would be to blow out all the windows so that we wouldnt ever have this problem again.