PDA

View Full Version : diagnostic Interface on ebay...

1000_eyez
11-16-2004, 11:57 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43989&item=4504908512&rd=1

netmgr
11-16-2004, 12:03 PM
few issues with it:

you need 2 serial ports...seeing as you will more than likely be using a laptop, they only have one serial port and adding one isnt possible unless u use like a usb to serial but then they use virtual ports so may not work. and youre unlikely to take your desktop machine outside with you...

also fault codes can be read via stomp test and the service reset can be done with a lengh of wire.

I cant see what use it is to most of you, that will be just wanting to read fault codes and reset oil lights.

1000_eyez
11-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Yes, it would kinda hard to bring a desk top outside...LOL. My laptop has the two ports for hook-up. Anyways, I use the Peake R5/FCX tool. Thought I would post it for those who are interested. Thanks! ;)

PhilipJCaputo
11-16-2004, 01:34 PM
minus the software, it looks like just about anyone could make that thing.

Mobius
11-17-2004, 12:50 AM
minus the software, it looks like just about anyone could make that thing.
I have never seen this before. I'm very interested.

My roomate drives a 300ZX, and there's a couple public utilities, and publically availbale wiring diagrams to make the interface cable... It's really cool, there's not much he can't fool with through a laptop with his car. It gives _every_ but of info you could possibly want - it would make troubleshooting sensors and stuff really easy.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Any information on the cable or the software? I don't really want to pay this guy $70 for a burned CD and a homemade cable; but I'd love to make 'em and sell 'em to other people. ;)

doogie
11-17-2004, 05:38 AM
I have some .pdfs that I got from a p2p network that have the pinouts and instructions for making an adapter cable to work with carsoft software (not sure if this is the same thing and from the diagram it doesn't look like there are 2 9 pin serial connectors, only one) - I only briefly looked at it because it requires IIRC about 7 ICs, so I thought it would be too much hassle to do at the moment (particularly since my cooling system is in bits at the moment, LOL!)

IIRC I got a copy of the software too from the same p2p network.