PDA

View Full Version : Source for lighted power under dash for gauges?

Craig
11-16-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to figure out a good source for lighted power under the dash (ie when you turn on the lights there is power in the wire) for my gauge lights. Any good places to find this? A quick look didn't show me anything that looked too obvious and I don't want to just start tearing into stuff.

TIA.

netmgr
11-16-2004, 11:10 AM
It would depend if you wanted the variable voltage which is used to set the dash lighting brightness, or just 12volt standard when lights are on

i would jump from back of light switch if you just wanted set 12v when lights on.

if you wanted the one which is set via the variable wheel, then again jumper from the back of the variable switch, get yourself a multimeter

there are better places, but without going into too much detail those above will be best and easiest to find. bear in mind the light switch has loads of connections going to it and you really do need a multimeter to find the correct one.

Craig
11-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Funny. I actually had the light switch out when I was poking around under there and didn't put 2 and 2 together. Duh. :)

That's a perfect spot, thanks.

bimmerd00d
11-16-2004, 11:54 AM
there are some lights on teh ashtray. remove it and you will see where they are located.