PDA

View Full Version : Locked Doors. Usual Procedures Donīt Work

LMC
11-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Hi Guys,

:( Anyone know what to do when locked doors and nor factory key system nor trunk buld work? I did it once using a new battery on my trunk connected to wires central light, but now it doesnīt work. nly lights all the others lifghts on the trunk but no light inside. (I know because my alarm leds donīt light brighter)

///M 525i M50 :)

Thanxs in advance.

Qsilver7
11-15-2004, 10:07 AM
1. insert your key into the passenger's side door
2. lift and hold up on the handle while turning the key to the emergency unlock position (see pic)

You didn't mention what model year...but from either 1993 or 1994 on...the e34 always double locks when the key is inserted and used to lock the door (it also cuts the ignition and fuel regardless if the OBC CODE feature is set). So the "single-lock" position you see in the pic below may not apply but the concept is accurate.

It may take some effort to get the key to the emergency unlock position since you are raising the pin manually without electronic assist as when the battery is charged. Some people give up but keep working with it until the pin rises. You may have to work with lifting, turning, and holding the handle...depending on your car.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p5ae621b1e8332cf31a8a069ad16bd5f2/fdc6c004.jpg

632 Regal
11-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Blown fuse or relay?

LMC
11-15-2004, 01:09 PM
I tried, also on driver's door. The pin raises a little bit, but not enough, though I think I've tried everything, should I keep on trying?

My car is a '91 EUR E34 ///M 525i 192 funny CV. Was stolen so handles are completely new, about one year. It worked some times before, but not now I need the procedure. German failed this issue.
I also tried to open with light from new battery on fuel door, no result.
what's now?
Thank u in advance.

LMC
11-15-2004, 01:42 PM
SORRY FOR THOSE WHO DIDNīT KNOW HER.
My baby doesn't let me get in, just like the others... :p

John D
11-15-2004, 11:39 PM
A couple of weeks after getting my 525 home, I found myself locked out with no spare key. The locksmith could not even get it open! I then used a piece of plastic shipping band or strap as a replacement for a coat hanger. Took a little manipulating but was able to lift the door pin. Moved one side or the other to get around pin. The locksmith stopped laughing when the door opened...... :p