PDA

View Full Version : Alarming!

all2kool
11-14-2004, 10:08 PM
In an earlier post, I noted that my son punched the "CODE" button and then several of the numeric keys followed by the "S/R" button. Well, he entered in a code of some sort that has to be entered to start the car or a horn starts blasting for a minute. I managed to figure out the code he entered, after several unsuccesful attempts. My question is, what other things can the OBC do and do I have an alarm on the car? The blasting didn't sound like the normal horn also. Who knows everything about the OBC and what it can do?

winfred
11-14-2004, 10:28 PM
it's a full alarm/imoblizer with a secondary horn in the cowl, with the plug and play keyless box you get glass breakage a optional siren (if you like it better then the horn at the base of the windshield) and a remote

In an earlier post, I noted that my son punched the "CODE" button and then several of the numeric keys followed by the "S/R" button. Well, he entered in a code of some sort that has to be entered to start the car or a horn starts blasting for a minute. I managed to figure out the code he entered, after several unsuccesful attempts. My question is, what other things can the OBC do and do I have an alarm on the car? The blasting didn't sound like the normal horn also. Who knows everything about the OBC and what it can do?

talltorontoguy
11-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Entering the code triggers an ignition diabler. It in turn sounds a horn when you try to start the car 3 times without deactivating. It's not the same as an alarm system though.

I think you can reset it by disconnecting the battery for a period of time to allow the computer to reset itself.

There are many secret functions of the OBC that you can unlock. Things like volume of fuel left in the tank, instant fuel mileage, etc etc.

Check out this link for some info...

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_35.htm

Enjoy!

Rod