PDA

View Full Version : Racing Dynamics

grease
11-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I have seen alot of racing dynamics products around. I (for some reason) am very skeptical about the quality, any testaments out there from people using them, and what there using. THANKS

Incantation
11-13-2004, 11:48 PM
they are excellent quality.

Incantation
11-13-2004, 11:48 PM

* edit
my father has an e31 850i with a racing dynamics body kit, rims, chip, and exhaust. it is the most beautiful car in the world. he got it from http://www.bmehawaii.com/bme/carcollection/

and it is the car in the photo (bottom). the photos don't nearly do it justice.. it is so evil and aggressively styled.. but understated. i can't say enough about how the RD upgrades changed the car for the better.

632 Regal
11-14-2004, 05:23 PM
sweet ride mann!

BobbyB
11-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Excellent quality, I happen to know the owner, good people.

RobPatt
11-15-2004, 12:32 AM
I replaced all my E30 relays from him, and other misc parts... though he mostly had VWs in the place all the time.....alojas, Rob.

Alan_525i
11-15-2004, 11:06 AM
I have their sway bars on my car. While they are a great add on for handling, the rear links wore out after just 15K miles and ended up costing me $100 bucks to get new ones. We shall see how long this set lasts. If they wear out early again, I may try to make my own links like I think UUC has a write up on.

MarkD
11-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Excellent quality, I happen to know the owner, good people.

Which owner do you know? The east or west coast owners?

Here's a link to a bit of the history behind this:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5729

MarkD

kick7ca
11-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I have the rims on that 850i pic above...awesome rims. Offset a bit for looks and handling, no hint of warpage or imbalance. Only problem is finding lock bolts, as they're offset you need a longer bolt which I couldn't find anywhere, so I had to have some custom made.

darron525
11-16-2004, 12:54 PM
I have seen alot of racing dynamics products around. I (for some reason) am very skeptical about the quality, any testaments out there from people using them, and what there using. THANKS

this is posted on the http://www.racingdynamics.com/ web site under the North America link:
http://www.racingdynamics.com/Localized/NorthAmerica/Warning.htm

darron

shragon
11-16-2004, 12:58 PM
In the US...

RD Sport = Racing Dynamics Italy

Racing Dynamics = Electrodyne

CrimsonBrian
11-16-2004, 04:04 PM

I havent used any on my 5er but when I had my E30 I used a ton of their stuff. It looked great and held up perfectly. In fact, many people thought that they were parts original to the car. You wont be disappointed if you get anything from them, I promise.

bahnstormer
11-16-2004, 06:30 PM
http://www.racdyn.com/Localized/NorthAmerica/Warning.htm

u've all seen that right?

Warning to our U.S. and Canadian Customers.

Racing Dynamics S.p.A. of Milan, Italy is no longer supplying its products to Electrodyne, Inc. and Racing Dynamics Inc. These companies, both based in Alexandria, VA, registered the Racing Dynamics trademark in the U.S. and Canada, and are manufacturing some products that are 1:1 copies of our original designs (such as the Tornado AeroKits), as well as promoting the sale of such products on their web sites by using copyrighted images that they illegally downloaded off our site.
This situation has created a lot of confusion amongst BMW owners and our loyal customers alike, as most of them believe that Racing Dynamics brand products are only the ones manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in Europe. They are instead being sold products that are either copies of our original designs, or were never developed by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. in the first place.

We apologize for this situation and wish to reiterate to the BMW community that:

any new product sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, after January 1, 2003, is most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., therefore, no assurances can be given that it is an original Racing Dynamics S.p.A. product.

If you intend to purchase the original tuning products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please note that such products are only available in the U.S. and Canada under the RDSportŪ brand name.

If you need any assistance in determining whether the product you intend to purchase is manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A. or is a copy, please email:

Federico
11-17-2004, 12:41 AM
Parts used to be excellent when they were original parts imported from the Italian Racing Dynamics. Now everithing is a cheap Taiwanese knock-off. If you want genuine Racing Dynamics parts, you must make sure you get them from RDSport.

avitt2
11-18-2004, 12:49 AM
RDSport no longer carries parts for older BMW's.