PDA

View Full Version : Good snow tire/rim combo that won't break bank?

tim
11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I've got a good idea of how to go as far as the tyres, but what about rims? Basketweaves off of a Vines junker? wagon wheels?.

Tiger
11-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Or buy my set of basketweaves... 1 is good... three has minor bend due to potholes. I had bent rims for Mercedes but never had problem with balancing or vibration

tim
11-12-2004, 11:09 AM
Or buy my set of basketweaves... 1 is good... three has minor bend due to potholes. I had bent rims for Mercedes but never had problem with balancing or vibration

Cuanto?, el tigre. Will the bent one hold air pressure? (could use it as a spare)

Mr Project
11-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Wagon wheels would be nearly ideal for snow if you could get some good tread on them. :)

I was happy a couple years ago (on my RX-7) with Firestone WinterFire tires I got for $35/each from tirerack.com. My buddy put a set on his E36 325is and was happy too.

This year I just bought a set of the 'upgraded' Firestone WinterForce tires for my wife's Benz. $50/each for 205/65/15. No reviews yet, we haven't had any snow yet this year. But they look to be a very agressive snow tire, probably not very good on dry pavement, but should be good in the white stuff for not much $$.

Tiger
11-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Si, hold pressare. No problemo... Just pay for one and I'll give you three free... how's that?

tim
11-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Si, hold pressare. No problemo... Just pay for one and I'll give you three free... how's that?

I'll pm you when I get home.