PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Weathertech or any all season mats? I need

Jason
11-11-2004, 03:57 PM
find a set of floor mats for the upcoming winter, and i want a set that fits the car. in bav auto, it says you need to trim the weathertech mats. they also offer their own, but they dont seem as durable or like they would catch as much stuff as the weathertechs. and surprisingly from bav auto they aren't ridiculously priced, $60 for the set. im open to all suggestions.
thanks

Russell
11-11-2004, 04:03 PM
I like them. They seem just enough for my use. I just put then down over my carpet mats. They seem to fit well. Of course here in Kentucky we do not have the heavy snow and ice the many northern states do. Just enough where we have snow one day and slush the next. I am not sure, but are the Weathertech mats just for the front?

find a set of floor mats for the upcoming winter, and i want a set that fits the car. in bav auto, it says you need to trim the weathertech mats. they also offer their own, but they dont seem as durable or like they would catch as much stuff as the weathertechs. and surprisingly from bav auto they aren't ridiculously priced, $60 for the set. im open to all suggestions.
thanks

Black 535i
11-11-2004, 05:39 PM
...and they do work well all year round. I keep the carpet ones in storage. I am on my third year with the same ones in my vehicle.

I like them. They seem just enough for my use. I just put then down over my carpet mats. They seem to fit well. Of course here in Kentucky we do not have the heavy snow and ice the many northern states do. Just enough where we have snow one day and slush the next. I am not sure, but are the Weathertech mats just for the front?

paul p (chi-town)
11-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Well,
Both bimmers are running dealer sourced winter matts. The ones for the 3er were in-stock items, fit perfectly, BMW branded w/ securing point holes and held all the muck that chicago could throw at them. The only downside was that they are quite soft (optimized for cold use?) and year round the drivers wore thru in 1.5 years.
The 5er’s look a little more generic, not badged, but do have the correct holes. The pattern is a little less aggresive but it’s still relatively deep and the 5er does have quite a bit of flat floor so they can hold quite a bit too. Another upside is somewhat tougher rubber that has lasted over 2 years. They did need to be ordered (the counter monkey said from Europe, i took that w/ a margarita's worth of salt)
Not cheap but sounds no worse than Bav w/ +$20 for the rears.
The Sentra runs no mats; summer car and i don't go to the beach. Looks like the PO did, there was a pound of sand under the back seat 1st time i looked there!

http://homepage.interaccess.com/~motria/anisig.gif (http://homepage.interaccess.com/~motria/pablosgarage.html)
93 SE-R ‘Jenny’---94 530iT&A ‘Helga’---92 325i ‘Rolf’ ….”Hang up & Drive!” (http://homepage.interaccess.com/~motria/pablosgarage.html)
”It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error;
It is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."--Robert H. Jackson.

western99
11-11-2004, 08:27 PM
If you are interested, I am willing to sell them to you. They are in OK condition. If you are interested I can take a couple of pics for you. Where are you located? I am in Toronto. If interested, email me at brian_western61@hotmail.com.

Brian