PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard removal...

StuartB
11-11-2004, 08:01 AM
I think I must have directed every expletive under the sun at my upper dash so far. I need to remove it to get at the top of the vent system, yet I can't see how.

On the site with the howto of heater matrix repairs, it was mentioned that there is an over-dash that covers up the screws near the windscreen, which should just pop out with a little help from a screwdriver..

After a lot of searching, it is safe to say that my dash has no such over-piece. Haynes has been as helpful as a chocolate kettle in this regard.. how on earth do I get the dash off? I've already unbolted the mounting brackets from the sides, but the middle part of the dash towards the screen defeats me...

632 Regal
11-11-2004, 10:58 AM
anything under the center vent??

Bill R.
11-11-2004, 11:08 AM
I think I must have directed every expletive under the sun at my upper dash so far. I need to remove it to get at the top of the vent system, yet I can't see how.

On the site with the howto of heater matrix repairs, it was mentioned that there is an over-dash that covers up the screws near the windscreen, which should just pop out with a little help from a screwdriver..

After a lot of searching, it is safe to say that my dash has no such over-piece. Haynes has been as helpful as a chocolate kettle in this regard.. how on earth do I get the dash off? I've already unbolted the mounting brackets from the sides, but the middle part of the dash towards the screen defeats me...