PDA

View Full Version : New source for wheel spacers.

A2 Motorsport
11-10-2004, 07:21 PM
We at A2 Motorsport have H&R Spacers availible. The prices are...

5 mm - $50.00
10 mm - $95.00
15 mm - $95.00
20 mm - $99.95

Typical lead time is about a week. Price is for 2 spacers, not including shipping. Please send an e-mail to Chris@a2motorsport.com if your interested.

Thank you,
Chris

632 Regal
11-10-2004, 07:59 PM
We at A2 Motorsport have H&R Spacers availible. The prices are...

5 mm - $50.00
10 mm - $95.00
15 mm - $95.00
20 mm - $99.95

Typical lead time is about a week. Price is for 2 spacers, not including shipping. Please send an e-mail to Chris@a2motorsport.com if your interested.

Thank you,
Chris

A2 Motorsport
11-10-2004, 08:04 PM
They are not machined, they are made out of forged aluminum.
Here is an excerpt from H&Rs website
TRAK+ wheel spacers are made from a proprietary aluminum/magnesium alloy which is not only incredibly strong, but also very light weight (up to 70% lighter than a comparable steel product). TRAK+ wheel spacers are then hard anodized to ensure a tough, durable finish that is resistant to chipping, scratching and oxidation. Hub centric for the highest level of accuracy, TRAK+ wheel spacers are 100% made in Germany under ISO 9001 Quality Assurance standards, and meet the rigid safety criteria of the German TÜV.

Thanks,
Chris

MicahO
11-11-2004, 06:21 AM
Are the 5mm spacers also hubcentric (nosed)?

tia--

They are not machined, they are made out of forged aluminum.
Here is an excerpt from H&Rs website
TRAK+ wheel spacers are made from a proprietary aluminum/magnesium alloy which is not only incredibly strong, but also very light weight (up to 70% lighter than a comparable steel product). TRAK+ wheel spacers are then hard anodized to ensure a tough, durable finish that is resistant to chipping, scratching and oxidation. Hub centric for the highest level of accuracy, TRAK+ wheel spacers are 100% made in Germany under ISO 9001 Quality Assurance standards, and meet the rigid safety criteria of the German TÜV.

Thanks,
Chris

A2 Motorsport
11-11-2004, 11:07 AM
All are hubcentric.

Brandon J
11-11-2004, 12:40 PM
I believe what Micah is trying to ask is if the 5mm spacers have the hub lip extension as on the wider ones.

All are hubcentric.

Robin-535im
11-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Forging alone won't give you the tolerances required for this kind of part. After they're forged, they are machined to the correct ID / OD / flatness, etc.

Also - isn't it a bad idea to anodize parts that install with surface contact? I would think it would rub off once you install them, and leave the fit looser than before. Kind of a fashion over function thing.

Not trying to knock your product BTW... just wanted to be included in all the fun.

- Robin

winfred
11-11-2004, 01:22 PM
the last 5mm h&r's i had, had no snout and shimmeyed

I believe what Micah is trying to ask is if the 5mm spacers have the hub lip extension as on the wider ones.

A2 Motorsport
11-11-2004, 01:33 PM
My info is direct from H&R. As they are such a large company, with a great racing background, I trust they know what they are doing.

Thanks,
Chris

edit: quote from "engineers edge"
Hard andoic oxide (hard anodize) coatings find application in the egineering industry for components which require a very wear resistant surface.
http://www.engineersedge.com/mil_a_8625.htm

Brandon J
11-11-2004, 03:03 PM
You still have not answered the question if the 5mm ones have a lip or not. As said, if not, it reduces the hub contact area and can lead to shimmy.

I am sorry, but people who come into this board to just advertise are usually asked a lot of meaningful questions. We do it because we want to know the relevant information and to see if you know it too. We like to weed out the advertising and keep it an enthusiast's board. We don't know much about you so we obviously are skeptical, especially when there isn't a website to look to. So here is your chance to show some business etiquette. Introduce yourself, your title and credentials, and a site we can reference to. Please do not post here to just sell.

A2 Motorsport
11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
As requested, here's some info about my business. I am just starting, which is why the website is not up. I am the owner of the business, and also an enthusiast myself. I used to have a 84 318 that I turbocharged, myself (Hardy and Beck kit for the 2002, that I modified to fit the 318). It was lowered with sway bars, and fully decked out. I sell many parts, and have noticed that some people on here were noting how long it takes to get wheel spacers. I can get quality ones in a week, so I decided to offer them.

As for the being hub centric, H&R said yes. I do not currently have a 5mm spacer in front of me. I am a bit skeptical about the 5 mm spacer, due to the massive price difference between it, and the 10 mm one. If someone else on here has bought the 5 mm one, and it wasn't hub centric, then I would be lead to believe the 5 mm are not. I am positive the 10 mm ones (and up) are.

Ask any other questions, and I will try to answer them the best I can.

Thanks,
Chris

Bellicose Right Winger
11-11-2004, 05:24 PM
They may be hubcentric as far as fitting on the axle hub, but it's impossible to have spacers hubcentric to the wheel if the spacer is thinner then the axle hub projection.

Why? Because the snout that centers the wheel has to be the same diameter as the axle hub, and on the spacers thinner then the hub projection, there's just no room.

Post a photo of your spacers if you can.

Anyone interested in an Autocad drawing of spacers I machined?

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/pshovestul/BMWSPACR1.jpg

Paul Shovestul

All are hubcentric.

632 Regal
11-11-2004, 05:47 PM
You still have not answered the question if the 5mm ones have a lip or not. As said, if not, it reduces the hub contact area and can lead to shimmy.

I am sorry, but people who come into this board to just advertise are usually asked a lot of meaningful questions. We do it because we want to know the relevant information and to see if you know it too. We like to weed out the advertising and keep it an enthusiast's board. We don't know much about you so we obviously are skeptical, especially when there isn't a website to look to. So here is your chance to show some business etiquette. Introduce yourself, your title and credentials, and a site we can reference to. Please do not post here to just sell.

A2 Motorsport
11-11-2004, 06:41 PM
They may be hubcentric as far as fitting on the axle hub, but it's impossible to have spacers hubcentric to the wheel if the spacer is thinner then the axle hub projection.

Why? Because the snout that centers the wheel has to be the same diameter as the axle hub, and on the spacers thinner then the hub projection, there's just no room.

Post a photo of your spacers if you can.

Anyone interested in an Autocad drawing of spacers I machined?

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/pshovestul/BMWSPACR1.jpg

Paul Shovestul

They are not my spacers, I don't machine them. I am a reseller, not a manufacturer. If you are interested in pictures, or more info, go to H&R springs, here is the link to the Trac+ wheel spacers
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/trak.html

I am simply offering a great product, at a lower price, and less lead time then others. I am not here to argue the pro's and con's of a hub centric 5 mm spacer. If you are interested in these spacers, you can e-mail me at
chris@a2motorsport.com

Thanks,
Chris

Bellicose Right Winger
11-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Relax Chris.
You sell them.....therefore in my book they are "your" spacers. Didn't expect you to be offended, my apologies.
We know you don't machine them.
We know you don't manufacture them.
I don't believe we've asked you to argue the pros and cons of hubcentric adapters.
The link is useful, but it doesn't show the 5mm spacers that seem to be of interest.
I merely offered an explanation of why no one makes hubcentric 5mm spacers.

Paul Shovestul

They are not my spacers, I don't machine them. I am a reseller, not a manufacturer. If you are interested in pictures, or more info, go to H&R springs, here is the link to the Trac+ wheel spacers
http://www.hrsprings.com/site/products/trak.html

I am simply offering a great product, at a lower price, and less lead time then others. I am not here to argue the pro's and con's of a hub centric 5 mm spacer. If you are interested in these spacers, you can e-mail me at
chris@a2motorsport.com

Thanks,
Chris

A2 Motorsport
11-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Relax Chris.
You sell them.....therefore in my book they are "your" spacers. Didn't expect you to be offended, my apologies.
We know you don't machine them.
We know you don't manufacture them.
I don't believe we've asked you to argue the pros and cons of hubcentric adapters.
The link is useful, but it doesn't show the 5mm spacers that seem to be of interest.
I merely offered an explanation of why no one makes hubcentric 5mm spacers.

Paul Shovestul
Ok, I guess I took it the wrong way. I will talk to my supplier tomorrow, to see if he has a 5 mm spacer in stock. He will look to see if they have a lip or not. If not, maybe I can get some made. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris

Springfield1952
11-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Guys,

Chris of A2 Motorsport is my son. He's working on establishing A2 as a retailer of high performance parts and is just getting things going. Last week we went to SEMA (awesome!) and met with suppliers and manufacturers he wants to work with. I mentioned to him that a couple of weeks ago some folks on this forum were looking for 20mm spacers and they were having trouble getting them and the cost was high. I suggested he contact his suppliers and see if he could do any better and if he could, let the people know what was available. Since his price is lower and the delivery was 1 week vs. 6 weeks, he thought there would be some interest. In hindsight, I should have told him to send private messages to the original posters and not posted to the general forum. My bad. He'll check with his supplier tomorrow and post a reply.

Cheers,

Curt.
1994 530iT

Gone but not forgotten: 1969 1600, 1967 2000ti & 1994 533i

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/curtanderson/ThreequarterSmall.jpg

tim s
11-12-2004, 12:43 AM
H&R Wheel Spacers (5x120 20mm)

H&R wheel spacers are made of a high quality aluminum magnesium alloy. Machined for your exact application, the hub-centric design with raised inter-locking center bore* assure you perfect accuracy without the danger of wheel balance problems. Each kit includes 2 spacers. We suggest purchasing the recommended longer lug bolts for a safe installation. *(NOTE: Due to limited material 5mm to 8mm spacer are not with raised center bores) This item will move each wheel out by the mm's listed in the application chart below. Make sure you have enough fender clearance.

i can't use my m3 e36 rims my nephew gave. i just found out that penn dot prohibits spacers bigger than 1/4".
glad i did not buy tires for them yet.

hope this helps
tim s.

MicahO
11-12-2004, 08:06 AM
That was what I was wondering.

Curt, Chris, I do think that this is a good place to post the information - there are people who are looking for decent spacers and want to buy them. I hadn't meant to start a storm there, I was just wondering if the thinner spacers had the noses, as adding a 'bit' of track might be nice in some applications, without buying wheels in different offsets.

Somewhere out there I remember seeing 5 or 8mm spacers with a lip on them. Lost the link, and can't remember where that was.....

A2 Motorsport
11-12-2004, 07:09 PM
As someone else mentioned earlier, the 5mm and 8mm spacers do NOT have a hub centric ring, I confirmed this today. I personally ran 10 mm steel spacers, on my 318 that were not hub centric without any problems. I noticed no shaking, nor vibration. I can not guarantee this for the 5 Series though. This being said, I will actively look for a supplier to make the 5 and 8 mm spacers, with a hub centric lip, if their is enough interest. I am not sure of the prices, but I might be able to get a rough idea tonight. Please keep us in mind for any parts you might need.

Thanks,
Chris

MicahO
11-13-2004, 06:38 AM
As someone else mentioned earlier, the 5mm and 8mm spacers do NOT have a hub centric ring, I confirmed this today. I personally ran 10 mm steel spacers, on my 318 that were not hub centric without any problems. I noticed no shaking, nor vibration. I can not guarantee this for the 5 Series though. This being said, I will actively look for a supplier to make the 5 and 8 mm spacers, with a hub centric lip, if their is enough interest. I am not sure of the prices, but I might be able to get a rough idea tonight. Please keep us in mind for any parts you might need.

Thanks,
Chris

One item that Turner sells (though they may not retail it via any other outlets) are press fit hub nose extenders. Just saw these last night. May be a solution, if a user's wheel has a deep enough hub bore.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TWH9905001