PDA

View Full Version : hello all

grease
11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Quetion? iI have seen the modification on the E34 network http://www.bmwe34.net and am wondering if any one else has done the 850csi brake conversion on to the e34. I have a 1995 540i and really want to do the conversion but am skeptical about results/fitment. ???

MBXB
11-09-2004, 03:09 AM
grease,

I was considering the same thing but I have my doubts about the marginal upside since 540's already have pretty hefty brakes. How much more braking power does one really gain? It might be better to look at a different pads or pad/rotor combination. I don't need that much braking power; I'd be rear ended daily!

AllanS
11-09-2004, 08:22 AM
They fit fine with 16" or larger wheels, so if you have the stock 15" basketweaves, you'll have to change them. You'll need new rotors, pads, calipers, and carriers. You can re-use the carrier bolts and the brake lines.

Braking is massively improved, at least over the stock 535i brakes. I have rear 540i calipers, and it's great all around.

grease
11-09-2004, 08:02 PM
First I want to take everyone for such speedy responses. I just got 18" wheels and really want to convert to the 850 brakes. is it true that the are made for BMW by brembro. I've found the calipers and pads&rotors butI have trouble finding the carriers any advise. Also do you think that switching to stainless steel line all around would be wise/worthy or just a waste of money.